Author Topic: ...and the winner is.....!  (Read 18235 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
...and the winner is.....!
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:20:03 am »
   By unanimous vote of the Primitive Archer Administrators and Moderators, "Rod" (Rod Parsons) has been selected as the European Moderator for the Primitive Archer web site. Rod has been a longtime member and contributor to PA and I am sure he will be an excellent Moderator.
    Let's all welcome Rod and let's all try to make his job as boring as possible! ;D 
As compensation, Rod will be issued a key to the executive washroom, a chauffeur driven limousine as well as his own personalized headsman's ax to be used with discretion...but used if needed. >:(
   OK, guys. It is all up to you. Lets make the Primitive Archer War Bow thread one of the best War Bow threads available. Let's keep it family friendly and respectful to everyone. Let's keep the information flowing and the pictures posted. After all, the whole world is watching!!! 8)
Thank you all for supporting Primitive Archer and the War Bow thread and thanks to everyone for their input into the subject of having a European Moderator. I enjoyed hearing from all of you.  After all, it is only fair that your guys are represented here on PA too. 
...and by the way, don't forget to tell your friends about Primitive Archer Magazine which is now available on line. Ya know, Primitive Archer Magazine does pay for this site. ;)
  If any of you guys would like to submit articles to PA for consideration, I'm sure Ed Ingold would love to hear from you ( ingold@wyoming.com ).
  Thanks again everyone. Let's go make some bows!         Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: ...and the winner is.....!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:17:37 pm »
Yeah for ROD!!!!  Let's all give Rod a hearty welcome!  Mine comes with a Texas twang!  Welcome Rod!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 12:59:52 pm »
Welcome Rod,I am sure you are up to the task. :) ;) and the pay is so good. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:02:54 pm »
Congrats Rod! I am certain you do a great job.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:03:09 pm »
Again, welcome Rod.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 01:30:49 pm »
Congrats on being awarded a key to the executive washroom, us regular folk have to use the outhouse ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 02:43:50 pm »
Welcome Rod.  Now we have someone that can put this unruly bunch of testosterone pumped warbow guys in their place, well he can try anyway  :)
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline adb

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 06:33:35 pm »
Welcome aboard Rod! Where do you call home?

Rod

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 07:15:23 am »
I don't know if I would call it a prize.....

I live in Lincolnshire and shoot longbow and primitive bow, mostly instinctive field shooting these days, but I've competed in most styles of longbow competition at one time or another.
Not a heavy bow shooter, never drawn more than 90lb in my life, but I hope you won't hold that against me.

If we can all play nice and be polite to each other we should be able to get past the issues that have become such a concern to the proprietors.

I will be as impartial as I can and hope we can get along...
Let's see how it goes.

Rod.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:08 am »
Welcome aboard Rod - may the force be with you ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 11:41:05 am »
Welcome back, Rod.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 10:53:50 am »
Welcome Rod,  Don't worry about all the pressure this high status position is really just a Big bullseye on your back!  >:D  I'm sure you'll make a good Moderator. Congratulations. ;)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 11:23:41 am »
congrats on yor new appointment Rod.
good luck and remember  "speak softy and shoot a large stick" >:D

i ma sure youll do a fine job.

peace,
                                                                                       tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »
 >:D sucker

O:) nice to know your still around rod
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 12:57:38 pm »
BOY!!!  for a group that is usually quite vocal, it sure is quite around this thread lately. ???
   I am quite disappointed in you regular War Bow guys. What ever happened to common courtesy?

After lots of thoughtful discussion, we at Primitive Archer selected a person to be the European representative for our website, a person that we feel will be fair and impartial, a person that is knowledgeable in wood bow archery, war bows and their history and culture and a person that has been a long time supporter and contributor to Primitive Archer. Rod Parsons is the person that we unanimously decided on and he is our new Global Moderator.
  I am saddened by the silence! :(