Author Topic: Just cool  (Read 7418 times)

Kyle

Just cool
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:26:41 pm »
Okay today kegan and I were watching Byron Ferguson's "Incredible Shots" And a little after the typical Don't try this at home speech he shot the flame off of a candle. It was around this time that we said Lets try this at home. In no time i had my archery gear on and we were outside. Kegan lit the candle and stepped away, When I drew and loosed the shaft I was surprised to see that the candle's flame wasn't there any more ;D ;D 8), and after the typical shouting and high-fiving and telling everyone in the vicinity I tried it again... and it went out another time >:D Two arrows Two snuffed candles :)

Those turkeys better watch out come season ;D :)
 -Kyle

Offline sailordad

Re: Just cool
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:33:14 pm »
nice shooting

but its a lot harder to put the flame of a trukey out  than it is a candle.
turkey vitals are small and hard to hit with a bow,be patient and wait for a back shot.good luck and congrats
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 08:05:04 pm »
great shooting .. keep that up and ole Byron may have a primitive nemisis... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:01:39 pm »
just had a thought, its a rare day ;)

if you have a digital camera,that has a burst mode where it can take multipal pics in a second.
have some one focus on th candle,have him teill ya the moment hes going to tak the pic,
you relase the arrow and see if ya can get a pic of that. 8) :o

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:30:26 pm »
Cool-that's some good shooting. Yeah, the "don't try this at home" disclaimer always made me want to immediately try this at home, too. ;D Have you ever watched the show "Arrow Affliction?" That guy usually shoots a wheel bow, but he's got a stickbow attitude and style-he's doing a lot of instinctive shooting, moving targets, trick shots and stuff. Hunts frogs, rabbits, pheasants and stuff with his bow. One of the few shows worth watching nowadays.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:31:28 pm »
Cool-that's some good shooting. Yeah, the "don't try this at home" disclaimer always made me want to immediately try this at home, too. ;D Have you ever watched the show "Arrow Affliction?" That guy usually shoots a wheel bow, but he's doing a lot of instinctive shooting, moving targets, trick shots and stuff. One of the few shows worth watching nowadays.

if you can past all the crap he dos other than hubting and shooting,the back ground music and i think hes got a real bad case of ADHD

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:38:04 pm »
just had a thought, its a rare day ;)

if you have a digital camera,that has a burst mode where it can take multipal pics in a second.
have some one focus on th candle,have him teill ya the moment hes going to tak the pic,
you relase the arrow and see if ya can get a pic of that. 8) :o

Hahahaha. We're gonna try that tomarrow (lemme check the camera...) >:D!

I told him the only reason he beat me to that trick is because I'm sick and out of arrows.

He doesn't buy it ;D :D!!!

Kyle

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:25:49 pm »
Thanks for the complements guys and believe I will keep it up (I'm too excited to lay off of it ;D)

And we all know that Kegan is just jealous, Sick and no arrows... it's all a rouse ::)

-Kyle

Offline Kegan

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »
And we all know that Kegan is just jealous, Sick and no arrows... it's all a rouse ::)

-Kyle

;D :D :D :D :D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 01:29:34 am »
You two guy will make each other better archers just because of the natural competition between two close brothers. Keep it up!  I look forward to the ...excitement! :o
   This is stuff books is rit about! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 02:36:48 pm »
You two guy will make each other better archers just because of the natural competition between two close brothers. Keep it up!  I look forward to the ...excitement! :o
   This is stuff books is rit about! ;D

Moving targets get pretty heated. Nothing hones your focus more than bragging rights :D!

Kyle

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 08:07:07 pm »
What cometition???      I am just better ;D ;D :)
-Kyle

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 09:59:48 pm »
I have two brothers who also shoot and hunt with longbows.. when we were kids every target became a heated competition.. always shot everything three times, best of three won the match...to this day if we hunt together the tape measure comes out to determine who's shot is the closest to the heart by seasons end...I am not very competative anymore.... but the poor pitiful losers have not won a shootout with their BIG brother ten years running >:D >:D >:D :o ;) 
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 11:43:33 pm »
It's OK Kegan, my brothers a better shot than I am too.
 What makes me sick is that he never shot a traditional bow of any kind until two years ago.  I made him an osage recurve and within 2 days he was waaaay better than me.   Crying won't help either ::) ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 12:11:57 am »
LOL thats my drunken party trick.. everytime i have a house party at my place.. i get ripped. and about 2am i grab the bow and a candle. i somehow uncross my eyes and always seem to shoot out the flame. ;D 8)
Mililani Hawaii