Author Topic: Sabine pork  (Read 8453 times)

Floorman

Re: Sabine pork
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 11:37:30 am »
Hey where exactly is the old sabine public ground . I live in chandler and would like to get in on some of that hog hunting

Offline PeteC

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 09:42:32 pm »
Hello floorman,I live between Whitehouse and Chapel Hill myself. The" Old Sabine River Bottom "is a TP&W run ,type 2 area near Lindale,in northern Smith Co.It is a little over 5700 acres of river bottom ,with a fair population of hogs,that requires the 48$ permit to use it.It's the closest area to us,although there are many throughout the state.The one at Richland chambers,and Gus Engling have more pigs,but are more of a drive. God bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline servicebeary

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 11:58:29 pm »
many thanks for the dimension, -Nick
I take life 1 month in the Montana wilds at a time...

Floorman

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 01:12:01 am »
Thanks, $48 is cheep .I'll be checking that out.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 04:41:12 pm »
Floorman,my son-in -law and I will be out there sat. morning chasing pigs.If you see a blue Dodge 3/4 ton in one of the parkin' areas ,that's me.Your welcome to head down that trail and join us,we'll be moving slow,lookin' and listenin',from the trail,till we find some,then it's off to where they lead.If you go out there,make sure you take a compass.It all looks alike,and it's pretty easy to get turned around,(when followin' pigs on the move)  on an overcast day. God Bless

Floorman

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 06:42:02 pm »
Won't be able to make it this weekend to many honey-do's but thanks for the invite .When and if I get out there, I'll be watching for your truck. Never used to even take a compass but getting older and take my gps just in case. Not so exciting anymore wandering around half the night triing to find the way out. Will I get a decent map with my permit'? Good huntin'

Offline PeteC

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 07:56:43 pm »
There hav'ent been any maps out there lately,but there are suppose to be,although there is a big map at the entrance and check in point.You probably won't get your book for a while,but when you do,it'll have all the areas in the state listed,with their regulations,and pretty good maps. God Bless

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 08:35:40 pm »
Congrat's to Zach on the shot and fine pork dinner. Looks like your daughter found a keeper there Pete :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 04:48:05 pm »
Hey Pete, was that by any chance the bandsaw material that I've been selling, I seem to remember your name.
VB

Offline PeteC

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 10:21:05 pm »
No venisonburger,I get these used blades from a friend who works for an outfit that build tanks,in east Texas. God Bless