Author Topic: Chasin Bunnies with Wolf Watcher..  (Read 8221 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Chasin Bunnies with Wolf Watcher..
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:55:56 pm »
Went out into the badlands with Wolf Watcher and chased the wiley cottontail warriors through the greasewood and sagebrush. We saw lots of bunnies, they were really spooky today and our arrows made contact with lots of dirt as the speedy little guys out ran the cadar shafted death. ;D I got lucky and made some meat, was a great day spent walking some sacred lands with a true brother of the bow... hope everyone enjoys the pics..Hawk a/ho

[attachment deleted by admin]
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline david w.

Re: Chasin Bunnies with Wolf Watcher..
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:12:12 pm »
NIce!  Looks like it was a blast :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:15:48 pm »
Beautiful country! Looks like you guys were having a good time and you made meat. 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:54 pm »
I love hunting bunnies.. lots of fast shooting and long hours of walking... Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 03:13:20 am »
Congrats on a good hunt with good people. Incredible wide open country and good eating as well. Just don't get much better.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Cromm

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 05:09:36 am »
Great post and photos!!!
Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 08:02:47 am »
Beautiful country! Congrats on a successful hunt...the bagged rabbit was just icing on the cake! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 08:47:55 am »
Hawk, I forgot to ask but what kind of handle on Wolf Watchers bow?  Looks like maybe some kind of primitive take down  or splice. Again beautiful country, no place like Wyoming.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 08:59:15 am »
That looks good Mike - man you and Joe are having too much fun ;D. Which is the greasewood, is it that brushy stuff I guess?
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:01 am »
looks like fun!!!!!!!!!Save a few for us.I,ll e-mail you this weekend to see about getting together this summer.Great pictures too Stacey.Have a GREAT day-Lloyd

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 10:12:56 am »
Little John:  Both bows are Marc St Louis creations!  My bow is rosewood, boo backed and the handle is
a walnut, white ash, bloodwood, and rosewood laminate.  The only problem with the bow is it's shooter!  ::)  So much fun spending the afternoon flinging arrows at bunnies with good friends.  My excuses:   ::) very thick sage brush, poor shot angle, unknown target distances from a few feet to many yards, fast running and quick to jump rabbits, and Stacy there to take pictures and laugh at the misses!!  The good news was no lost or broken arrows, my hunting partner was missing also!  Mike did break his lucky mojo arrow!  :'(  Am going to Argentina in two weeks to hunt red stags.  Am taking my bow, "Rosie" and three Cowboy arrowheads.  Hope those stags aren't hidding or running thru the sage brush and are somewhat larger than our Wyoming bunnies!  Watcher
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 10:48:35 am »
I only missed a few dozen times ;D ;D , Lloyd look forward to seeing you guys this summer... let's plan it. Paul, the grease wood is the stickery brushy stuff.. great bunny habitat. Kenneth, you got that right bro, no place like the Shining mountains :) :) Greg B the true icing was that even though Watcher shot better than me all day, my  unlucky bunny finally zigged when he should have zagged :o Cromm we could use some of that rain around here that you have been getting.. 8) Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:07 am »
Lloyd, the quiver and bowcase is from the deer hide you killed and gave me... I lined it with the hide from a huge bear i killed with my bow in Montana...Good medicine brother..

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 11:14:05 am »
 Awesome, Nice pics,Looks like some good times of life long memories. I like bunny hunting as well. they can really teach you to hone in and take the shot in a hurry. 
  I'm looking forward to the up comming prarrie dog season ;D

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 11:55:12 am »
Mike:  What kind (species) of rabbit is that?  They look just like our Eastern (hillbilly) cotton tails?

Thanks
David
David Key / N.W. Alabama