Author Topic: cracks after steaming  (Read 6702 times)

Offline Stixnstones

Re: cracks after steaming
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 08:51:02 am »
heres the rub ,the cracks follow the grain up n down the limbs, the top limb shows some snaking and thats where they run off the edge,once at the edge u can see where they are at, but,they are not raised
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline chriss880

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 10:05:53 am »
check see if there any slight cracks

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 10:42:32 am »
so far no other cracks nor are the existing cracks getting any worse.i filled em with glue n wrapped em with art. sinew.have had it on the tree this morn, pulling to 24" and holding,keep ur fingers crossed:)
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 08:02:27 pm »
now a splinter has popped up in the middle o the bottom limb, decided to stop screwing around and sinew the back, than wrap sinew where rhe cracks meet the edge
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Badger

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 08:46:58 pm »
Stix, art sinew is useless for repairing bows, it also has wax in it so it wont glue, Take the art sinew off and get some of the real stuff. Just a little practice and you will figure it out, plenty of guys on here to help you through it. Art sinew just looks a bit like sinew but has none of its properties. Steve

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 07:32:43 pm »
i was using the art sinew as a temp wrap,thanx for looking out though.well i got the sinew processed,actually was a little fun,pulling from the center really eliminates waste.its 6:32 and im goin for it , time to start sinewin.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 01:01:42 pm »
finished sinewing last night at 10:00pm, this is my second attempt at it, this time it worked! gotta go to work so i will work on it later. looks awesome though!
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 09:13:19 pm »
                                                                Pictures....We need Pictures......  ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 10:43:20 am »
i know,i know.at this point i will probably have pics of the finished product.after reading aboot sinew drying me thinks i should let it sit for a few more daze. again sorry aboot the pics:)
DevilsBeachSelfbows