Author Topic: Effective shooting range  (Read 8843 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Effective shooting range
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 12:33:03 am »
I always said that ifin they are under 5 yds,then they are dead.......I proved myself wrong this year...:)

That is the other reason I stalk and draw down on animals I can't shoot.  It is good practice for the nerves.  ;)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 11:16:14 am »
Nice shot on the sweetgum Pat, I have a few of those to my credit also ;D I prefer 10-15 yards, but have taken shots that "felt" right further out(25-30) depending on the situation and conditions.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Scowler

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 12:28:25 pm »
Maximum effective target range: 25 yards.  Maximum effective hunting range: 10-15 yards (if I hunted).

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 12:41:27 pm »
I shoot pretty good out to 20/25 on a range but if you gut shoot a target the only thing it hurts is my feelings.For hunting I like 10 and closer,I have killed a few deer father than that but like Pat said I wasn't evening thinking about,if I had I probably wouldn't have shot.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 01:56:45 pm »
For hunting I like 10 and closer,I have killed a few deer father than that but like Pat said I wasn't evening thinking about,if I had I probably wouldn't have shot.  :)
   Pappy

Thats it exactly Pappy.....could not have rounded up the words any better than That
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome