Author Topic: New point  (Read 3118 times)

kerbinator

New point
« on: March 06, 2009, 05:48:15 pm »
Here is a new point just made from worchestershire bottle. And that is my blood too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
Re: New point
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »
  Nice looking little point, Looks like a good idea to keep the bandaids handy too...   lol...
         Wish my points would l;ook at least that good, all I`ve made so far is gravel :'(
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:37:11 pm »
Good job-looks almost like a Hardaway side-notch point. That glass makes it easy to spring a leak, don't it?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 08:42:26 pm »
good job brother...the bleeding thing is unfortunately just part of the process :( but no worries, after a while you get where you can bleed profusely and still take off long flakes 8) Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline xin

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 09:26:52 pm »
I love to see a man willing to literally bleed for his art.  Blood, sweat, etc..........      nice point!   Have you found any river cane ?  There is bound to be some along the Suopur R. or the Sabine R..   I now there is plenty of phragmites between here,Sherman, and sulpur Springs.

kerbinator

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 02:06:47 pm »
Thanks for the replies fellas. I think I can see why the arrow heads were so important to the native americans. Because they gave there own blood to make there weapons of war. Xin I did find river can thank you.  They should make some nice arras. :)

Offline xin

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 03:01:00 pm »
Nothing beats river cane for arrows.  Glad to hear you located some.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 03:40:27 pm »

Ahhhh yess, the Lithic Gods were hungry.  Glad you fed them well, now they will smile upon you, and if you keep at it, you will be making a pile of good hunting points, like it is nothing at all.  Unfortunately I am still in the bleed, and flake stage...... ;D  Nice little point.
                                                                        Wayne