Author Topic: cheap target , 2 finger arrow removal  (Read 9048 times)

Offline cubdrvr

cheap target , 2 finger arrow removal
« on: March 12, 2009, 11:57:24 am »
      thought I'd share this, even though it probably won't work for a lot of you.  I took a seed sack and filled it with baling twine and sheep wool(right off the critter).  Neighbor has several black fleeces that have no value.  Anyway I packed it as tight as I could using about 50/50 of each.  I put the wool around the edges and filled up the center with the twine.  Actually the new net wrap you see on the big round bales works better than twine, but twine will work if you get it good and tite.  Sew up the end of the sack and you're done.  Probably don't want to bring in the house as wool has a little odor until it's been degreased.  When bag starts to wear out just find another and  shove the old target into it.  One fleece will do about 2 targets depending on the size of the sheep and the target size of course.  Arrow only penetrate 3 or 4 inches and then just hang.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: cheap target , 2 finger arrow removal
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:14:01 pm »
Cub, thanks for posting this. I'm sure others will appreciate the info. I use a similar set-up but use plastic grocery bags as the filler.
  Do you have any pics of your target?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:03:33 pm »
I found out several years ago that a bag of fiberglass insulation stops an arrow easily and all you need is 2 fingers to pull the arrows out
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:06:28 pm »
Yep.....the Ole Pink Panther....Owens Corning Attic Blanket works wonders in the Attic and in a Gunny Sack for a Target too!!! Just have to make sure that you take it in so it doesn't get too soaking wet......the Trash Bag filled Target is more Weatherproof and last a good long time....and is a great recycle Project for all of the Grocery Sacks
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cubdrvr

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 11:03:07 pm »
sorry I don't have a picture but not a lot to see.  Can't find my camera manual to figure out how to downsize pictures.  I've also used wool to fill shot out 3-d vitals.  Works for awhile, never have figgered out how to secure it for a good fit.  Anyway  going to try a bag full of grocery sacks as suggested and see how it compares.  Just hate to think of how many $ worth of groceries we'll have to buy to accumulate enough LOL.
     I'm amazed this didn't trigger any sheep jokes  :)

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:07:51 pm »
im useing a few layers of carpet and fome. works verry well, but a little more difficult removal.
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 11:34:33 pm »
     I'm amazed this didn't trigger any sheep jokes  :)

Give it a Chance....I am sure there are some out there!!!!!!!!!  ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome