Linked Events

• N. Georgia Knap-in: April 23, 2009 - April 26, 2009

Author Topic: North Georgia Knap-in and Primitive Arts Festival  (Read 7480 times)

Offline billy

North Georgia Knap-in and Primitive Arts Festival
« on: March 17, 2009, 03:05:14 pm »
North Georgia Knap-in and Primitive Arts Festival

Apr. 23-26, 2009, held at Gatewood Park in Cartersville, GA. 

Take I-75 to Exit 290 (Rome/Canton).  Go east (that's a right turn if you're heading north on 75) about 300 yards, then turn right on 20 spur.  Follow for several miles through residences, then it will become wooded.  Turn left towards Gatewood Park (you'll see signs saying "arrowhead makers show").  Follow for about 2 miles, then you'll enter the park grounds.  Parking and attendance is free.  Booth spaces are $20 or $25 (I can't remember which) if you want to sell your wares. 

There will be flintknapping demonstrations, atl-atl demos as well as vendors selling stone from all over the U.S.  Booths will have all kinds of stuff for sale, including flintknapping tools, books, videos, shirts, bows, arrows, bowstaves, raw and slabbed stone, fiber optic glass slabs, obsidian, finished flintknapped art, etc.. etc... etc...

For more info contact Dave Swetmon at deltaworm@charter.net or 770-304-8760 or Neville Edgar nevilleedgar@bellsouth.net or 770-228-6739

I've been going for a number of years and I never miss it....it's always a load of fun.  If you can make it, stop by.  I'll see ya there! 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 04:32:31 pm by Calendargirl »
Marietta, Georgia

Offline yazoo

Re: North Georgia Knap-in and Primitive Arts Festival
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:49:09 pm »
I will be there with a load of osage ;D
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Dave Dellinger

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 04:59:48 pm »
I'm going to try my best to make it one day.

Yazoo, hope to hear about your racing hobby. And finally see an actual piece of osage!

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 04:20:39 pm »
i'll be in GA around those dates, i might stop by.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline billy

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
You should!  It's a lot of fun, but then I love all the primitive skills gatherings I go to so don't take my word for it!  I'll keep an eye out for ya!
Marietta, Georgia