Author Topic: Lampert Aromaker  (Read 7043 times)

nicksnacks

Re: Lampert Aromaker
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 08:03:03 pm »
I hope this works-I'm not sure how to post pictures

[attachment deleted by admin]

nicksnacks

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 08:13:26 pm »
You will notice the square drive in the center where the belt drive is...This is where the square blank is pushed thru into the round and square knives. The knives move on the cam(the long bar on the belt side in the previous picture) around the shaft at the bottom. So basically you can make barrel tapers or straight shafts with the cams provided or make others for more exotic shaft configurations.Coo-wah-chobee said that Lampert only used cedar but I tried it with oak before I made that new square drive and it worked! Timo-Ionian mounted his jig on 2 rails not me. I just wonder if anyone else has one of these Lampert Aromakers. My brother said the best thing about it was that it didn't end up on a scrap heap because noone knew or cared what it was   ;D

nicksnacks

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 08:15:19 pm »
Last picture. The little round knife on top cuts the shaft at the end and tapers it for the nock! Brilliant!!

Offline IONIAN

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 08:44:21 am »
  Nick, can you take a picture with a shaft in it? Do the shafts feed throgh the pully? It looks like a self powered version of the dowell maker that Lee Valley sells. That's a good find there.
"aim small, miss small"

nicksnacks

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »
The shafts feed thru the pulley. In the first picture you will see the push tool at the pulley end of the machine. It has a dead center and a flag that work the cams on the belt side. yes quite a good find-syncronicity! I'll post more pics later- Nick

petter-b

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 09:01:33 pm »
hello nick, I bumped into pete on sunday. he was telling me about your machine; I have been making shafts out of  d. fir and eucaliptus, poplar and starting to laminate birch. if you would like to try some in your lathe let me know. paul