Author Topic: Look what I found  (Read 2849 times)

Offline redwasp

Look what I found
« on: March 17, 2009, 08:33:43 pm »
This is some Vera Cruz Jasper from PA. I am getting closer to my goal. I found the area its in now I need access to the land. This I found at a park and was not allowed to remove any :'(.  I was sure thinking about stuffing some flakes in my pockets >:D
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Offline redwasp

Re: Look what I found
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:55 pm »
I am gonna enjoy my new camera. There are pieces in the landscaping in every yard. Took me a long time to find this place, now I need some time to go door to door.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:51:37 pm »
I think the rock wants to go home with you.  Just replace it with some pretty un-knappable stone.  No one will know and you will make those rocks happy to have a home. ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline redwasp

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:05:02 pm »
I think I would be happier than the rocks lol. They would just be smaller rocks with my limited skilz.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 09:33:41 pm »
hey i have limtied skills too
but i know i could get atleast one point out of the one your holding in the pic so i would take it.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline redwasp

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 10:11:32 pm »
I'd rather get permission from the landowners  in the surrounding area ;). Then I'm not trying to rush and a can get the pieces I really want. I did dig in the ground and the quality got better all diff colors from red to ocre, dark brown, grey and mottled with quartz. Someone had been knapping there, flakes all around an old campfire.  The site is protected and is one of the last places where paleo man's tools have been found (up to 10,000 years ago) seems many generations in the area came to collect tool making materials and there are pits that are up to 10 ft deep that were dug to get at the material that had been burried by refilling. This is supposed to be be the best knapping material around me. I have found very poor quality stone everywhere I looked until now. I will get what I want dont worry. May take some time though.