Linked Events

• 2nd NC Knap-In&Prim. Skills: September 18, 2009 - September 20, 2009

Author Topic: 2ed North Carolina Knap-in & Primitive Skills Rendezvous-Sept 18,19,20-2009  (Read 59179 times)

Offline yazoo

I am going to try to come, with a load of osage staves and blanks ;D
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Catahoula, there is plenty of free camping-great spot actually, and several people had dogs last year. I don't see a problem with them as long as they're not running amok eating children and rending tents asunder. ;D Yazoo, that's great news-I would like to see a bunch of vendors this year.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Hardawaypoints

I've been struggling to get a food vendor or rock vendors to commit, even though I've contacted a bunch.  I will contact a buddy of mine who does a good job of cooking to see if I can get him to bring  his grills.

My left shoulder is screwed up again...not from knapping...I had the door to the truck catch a strong gust of wind and snatch my shoulder hard as I was trying to close the door.  The roatator cuff is torn & I will likely have to get cut on again. *heavy sigh* 

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Man Jim im sorry to hear about your injury.. Hope all is well.. I will see you at the get togather..

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
   Jim, Have you tried Eric, of Eric's Rocks? Or Rick Swartz?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hardawaypoints

I know Eric Morris and have been dealing with him for years. He always gives me a good count and decent rock, including some real beauties.  He is usually at the Schiele Museum Knap-In in Gastonia (which is this weekend). I plan on being there on Saturday for most of the day.  I won't be chipping any rock, but I'll be hanging out and visiting with some folks.  I expect to learn a lot there, I always do.

I know a Rick Swartz, but he is not the same one you are talking about.  I have never gotten any rock from him. What does he sell?

Jim

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
I've bought rock from Rick, good guy. Jim, sorry to hear that you're still going through it with that shoulder, hope things turn around for you soon. I'm really starting to look forward to this thing now.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
 Rick has a lot of coral and assorted other rock. I'll PM you his phone number when I get home from work.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hardawaypoints

Thanks.  Any rock vendors are welcome...unless you're selling driveway gravel.  I make plenty of that as it is.

Jim

Offline tiknuttle

• primative hunter
Im new what county is this event located in?

Offline tiknuttle

• primative hunter
Never mind i got it

Offline Hardawaypoints

It looks like I'll be sporting the latest sling fashion for the knap-in... my second shoulder surgery this year is scheduled for 8-19-09. Maybe this one will correct my shoulder enough where I can draw a bow again in the future. *fingers crossed*

I have some frozen bambi burgers that I will be breaking out for Friday night of the Knap-In.  I don't know exactly what the number is, but I can probably feed a small horde.  I may talk one of my able-bodied bowhunting friends into taking out a doe for me to add to the feast.

Jim

Offline Hardawaypoints

I was able to get both canopies we used last year and I have added a few patches to my big tarp where it had split. so those are good to go.  I took the canopies up to Dick's house because I probably wouldn't be able come knap-in time. I will have a small anvil for pounding out copper pressure flaker tips and a file or two for dressing those tips. I'll probably bring some frames of ancient arrowheads to show as well. 

Every day is getting closer.

Jim

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Sounds good, Jim. I have a pop-up canopy I'll bring, too. The time is flying, won't be long.
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline yazoo

does anyone have directions to this get together?
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far