Linked Events

• 2nd NC Knap-In&Prim. Skills: September 18, 2009 - September 20, 2009

Author Topic: 2ed North Carolina Knap-in & Primitive Skills Rendezvous-Sept 18,19,20-2009  (Read 59506 times)

Offline bryan irwin

Re: 2ed North Carolina Knap-in & Primitive Skills Rendezvous-Sept 18,19,20-2009
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2009, 02:34:18 am »
hi guys i have some string and leather for handles be there friday morning if you can use it be there all 3 days
bryan irwin

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2009, 07:43:09 am »
Don't forget the files for the nocks.  That was all mine needed.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DBernier

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2009, 07:57:37 am »
I am leaving for the site now (7am) and will be there all day and will be staying there till Monday morning. "IF" I can get home tonight to collect anything I forgot I will check the postings one last time. Till then.

Dick

Offline Catahoula

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2009, 09:20:38 am »
Hi,

I must be internet dull...where are you guys "signing up for classes?" 

We will be up on Friday...want to learn about knapping but if bow building is going on want to jump into that too.

And if anyone wants to learn the basics of building and making Native American Style flutes I will bring all my stuff and will talk flutes to anyone who is interested.

Rand
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2009, 09:50:17 am »
rand -

about 3 pages back is a word doc attached to one of dick's posts.

Our intent was to have a number of formal classes at scheduled times to teach different stuff. And folks could 'sign up' for those classes when they got to the event. Sign up will be after you arrive.  No one signs up then class not conducted.

Looks like you might already be on the list to do flutes - you randy rowe?

So far the only 'scheduled' class is steve's nature walk and plant ID on sat and I think friday also.

We have a bunch of other classes listed but not really scheduled. Hopefully we can line up what is going on when once we all get there. Other wise it may just be a free for all.

I'm thinking we will get scheduling done last minute.

Dick / Jim / who ever -

Put me down for one self bow class on Sat - 10 - 12 - dont overlap steve's walk cause I wanna be on that. I will do a split and a rough out and ring chase or as far as I can get.

Put me down for one self bow class on sun - 10 - 12 am. maybe we can get something tillered up and ready for auction.

also put me down for:

fire class if you want
or a knapping class

sat I guess when ever is open.

later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline StevenT

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2009, 10:12:10 am »
Speaking from a newbies point of view about the finished bow and raffle thing....

I plan to take advantage of all the bow training I can take in and will be grateful for whatever I can learn. I think doing a bow from start to finish and then raffling it is a great idea, but from the sound of it, that may be real tough to do. As a thought, you could still raffle off whatever you come up with at whatever stage it is. If I were attending a meet and happened to win something that was not totally finished, I would look at it as a challenge to finish it. In other words, raffle whatever you end up with and I am sure the winner will still be very happy. :)

See you Friday!

Steven

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2009, 10:59:14 am »
Wade,
I called Dick and told him about your post.  The phone reception was not very good, so I'll copy the message and take it out there to him. Far as that goes, if anybody has something they want me to relay to Dick, I'll be going out there tonight and tomorrow night, so sing out & I'll make sure he gets it.

I'm off to the store to get burger fixin's for Friday night.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline yazoo

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2009, 01:06:30 pm »
my mom and dad are already there with a load of staves,, stop by and say hello
if you can shoot over them , they ain't to far

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2009, 09:17:40 pm »
Dick had the three long canopy tops set up when I got there and he helped me set up the 15'x15' I brought.  I got a tarp over the wood pile before it started raining heavily, so there should be some dry wood to burn.

We expect the porta john to be delivered tomorrow and I'll have another load of stuff to take out tomorrow evening.

Things are lookin' good.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline tiknuttle

• primative hunter
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2009, 09:36:01 pm »
Well guys looks like I'm not going to be able to make it to this one. I really wish I could have attended this year but I decided I didn't wont to travel 6hrs away to only attend one day, plus I don't think I can afford to miss class on Friday. I also have a full schedule for the weekend. So I guess I'll catch y'all next year.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2009, 09:44:23 pm »
I hate to hear that.. maby it will all come togather for you next time.. ;)

Offline tiknuttle

• primative hunter
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »
Yeah I just had to much stuff going on this weekend.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2009, 10:41:21 am »
Somebody make the rain go away for a few days.  My makeup is going to run.   >:( >:( >:( If you think I look bad with it, wait til you see me without it.  Just look away.  I am packing, in the rain.  Maybe it will clear up and the weatherman will be wrong for the rest of the week.

Offline warhawk

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2009, 09:16:07 pm »
to who it my concern. this is warhawk, i cant go to the knapin on the 18-20 sept i was hoping the persons going or participating could take pictures or give us knappers highlights that occur at the event and information about getting local groups started in different areas of the state so persons like me can develope our skills and improve our passions. I also collect paleo indian artifacts for 12 years and my wife showed me a site that promoted flintknapping. I live in Fayetteville area and would like to start a group who wants to learn and have fun too, thanks for a great site.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.

Offline StevenT

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2009, 10:18:44 pm »
This is my first nap, so can't help with the organization part. But I am going to take lots of pictures and will be glad to share them with all.