Author Topic: Bag-O-Pig  (Read 11644 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Bag-O-Pig
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:42:24 pm »
been stuffing a bag for a couple months now and just figured out what i wanted to make out of it.  whata ya'll think of my pig??  i'm buckling down with my practicing because i'm leaving in two weeks for a hog hunt with hillbilly at alexacarrie plantation.  i'm using one of james parker's little bows.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Jesse

Re: Bag-O-Pig
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 09:15:28 pm »
nice pig. I know my drawing of a pig wouldnt look that good :) Nice bow too. Looks like it has a big brace height.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

whitewoodshunter

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 12:11:50 am »
Nice pig and I hope you have a good hunt. I'm guessing the bow has a severe deflex in the handle area?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:50 am »
Good idea, nice target. I can miss that just as easy as the real pigs.....now you need to fix it so that it smells you and runs off after you've been crawling on your belly through fire ants for twenty minutes, or it disappears when Eddie comes hauling butt around the curve on the four-wheeler just as you're drawing your bow.....;D  ;D Man, that young'un is growing, what you feeding him?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 11:33:08 am »
i think the target is going to pay off because the first couple shots went way high.  i've been practicing on my deer target.  i'm guessing because the deer has longer legs, it was throwing me off in relation to the kill zone and the ground. 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 01:59:29 pm »
That is a cool target brother, good luck on your hunt, hope you get to make some meat.. I will be looking forard to your story and pics of a successful harvest.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline boo

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 05:43:32 pm »
Nice target, what did you fill it with? Your drawing is great also.

That bow is awsome, if i would have had a little more cash on me i would have came home with one like it this weekend at nuggets primitive get together . flattest shooting bow i ever shot. i also shot high at first because it shoots so flat. James is an awsome dude for sure, if i can ill own one of those bows.

good luck on the hogs,  boo
Boo

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53:51 pm »
 Good luck to you and Steve on the hunt. I'll get your points off this week also. And Jame's bows are some sweet, flat shooting bows. I head shot another hog with that bow I got from you. When Shannon gets home, he'll post some pictures of some little piggies. If we got serious down at the ranch we could fill a pickup in a weekend.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 10:07:58 pm »
Yea Steve, Eddie's right.  Had we wanted to, we could have killed a lot more than anybody in their right mind would have wanted to skin.  Seemed like every time I turned around I had hogs in my lap, and we wasn't even looking for them.  I had a big boar I nicknamed "Gizmo" walk right up to me while I was standing in a road.  I wanted to shoot him but was trying to hear a turkey.  Other times I would just walk up on them. Sometimes less than 10 yards.
 The turkey whipped me, but the hogs didn't fare so well.  These died the first evening.  I got one with Eddies pistol and he shot the other one with his 300. The next evening he popped one with buckshot. 
 We were pretty serious about the turkeys but in hindsight...we should have just forgot about the turkeys and took up hog hunting. >:D
  I'll get some pictures up pretty soon.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 10:15:14 pm »
Nice shooting chris. love the target.
And yea that sure is a sweet bow.

you still looking for a camera man to document the hunt? HA.
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 11:44:22 pm »
Pork...It's what's for dinner ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 12:23:42 am »
Nice shooting.  Looks like some good sausage there.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:10:10 pm »
hey saw, the last time i was down there with eddie he put on quite a show.  we were heading in when eddie ran over a heard of pigs.  then just before we got to the camp he saw a nice boar walking across the field.  eddie took off with the .44 while calling the fellow to see if he could shoot the hog.  i still laugh when a think of eddie running, a bowlegged run at that, across the field wearing shorts and flip flops with a cell phone in one hand and shooting the .44 mag.  i'll be damned if he didn't hit the boar in the head while he and the boar was at a dead run.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:01 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D, Gotta love those Flip-Flops.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:27 pm »
I'd like to have seen that.  That pistol is bad news for some swine.