Author Topic: Herb's Bow!  (Read 14026 times)

Offline Timo

Re: Herb's Bow!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »
Very nice looking bow Pat! But honering a past friend is even nicer.Good on ya.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 11:22:31 pm »
Very Nice Bow Pat.....and I am sure that Herb would be Honored that you made a Bow from the Stave in His Honor and then donated it to a great cause
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 12:06:45 am »
Thanks everyone. Anyone that knew Herb knew how special he was. If I can be half the man Herb was I'd be doing good. He would hold hardily approve of the donation of his bow to his club. Without Herb there would be no CTA. James, I miss him too. Hickory will never be the same without Herb.
  Ryan, I opted to leave the lichens and moss on the bark. Generally it gets scraped off to show the beautiful coppery bark underneath.
 Bobby, Herb would want it that way. He would approve!
   Thanks again everyone. The State shoot won't be until the end of May so I'll be bringing Herbs Bow to the classic to show off. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 12:10:53 am »
Nice bow Pat, just my style and for a great cause, I never knew Herb but must have been a fine gentleman.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 12:22:46 am »
Yea Kenneth, He was.    I've put over 100 arrows through this bow and today before the pics she was braced for about 4 hours. I'm pleased with the outcome....and she shoots very well.

ps. Hillbilly has the Medicine Bow so I will put the sinew string on it when( if?  ;D ) i get it back.
Maybe he will stick a pig with it first! 8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

330bull

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 12:52:16 am »
Awesome job Pat!  I swear I sent you some really long bark, did you trim it short to create the "all osage" tips?  Man oh man that's nice!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 01:29:05 am »
Yea Joe I did shorten it a bit. ::)  You sent 40" stuff! I prefer to leave the tips bare. The edges are fairly rough with the texture of the bark so this will protect the string. Thanks again for the bark. Let me know when I can return the favor. I wanted to make this bow special and your bark did just that! ;) 8)

Shooter_G22

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 02:29:21 am »
Pat B,

that is a beautiful Bow and i'm sure an old freind is upstairs looking down and thinkng man...  that Pat... sure is something...  ;)   

thank you for sharing this with us... it makes me feel good to know of the quality of people that are on this board...   i didnt know Herb... and i yet to meet any of the outstanding gentleman of this Pa world but hopefully i can get to one of these events soon...   i think it is a great honor to have that bow up for raffle and who ever wins it will sure hae someting speacil...  ;)

that is a very Noble  action  Sir...  and my the good lord reward you and yours...

sincerly,
  Abel G... (Shooter_G22)

AKAPK

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 02:52:02 am »
Your praised pat, that a nice bow also. :)

Offline Little John

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 02:57:30 am »
Good luck to Hillbilly with the pigs. The medicine Bow is my favorite of them all. Pat I bet I could take a couple of those raffle tickets off your hands   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 04:03:17 am »
Very nice bow, Pat! - I like cherrybark backings, have to find some bark to mak one, too one day...
Tiller looks great, well: nothing new on your bows.
Frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 07:24:25 am »
Great job Pat and great jester.Sorry for the lose. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 07:55:18 am »
Great looking bow Pat and sounds like a fitting tribute to a good friend.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2009, 08:33:09 am »
That's a fine bow Pat, you really did a great job on it! You continue to be an inspiration to us all on the important things in life! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2009, 08:41:27 am »
Pat, that's a helluva nice bow, and a great gesture- Herb would be proud. You're right, it sure won't be the same at Hickory without Herb there. I'm gonna give the pigs one more try with the medicine bow. if I don't connect, I'll assume that my medicine sucks and send it on to somebody with better medicine. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.