Author Topic: A hunting story........  (Read 2681 times)

whitewoodshunter

A hunting story........
« on: March 28, 2009, 06:58:56 pm »
The beast remained still as I crept into range. I was in a good position, good cover in front and soft quiet footing underfoot.The beast was unaware that I was closing the range and preparing for the shot.My Boo backed IPE bow in hand and a spruce flu flu arrow on the string.At 20 yards I drew, anchored, concentrating on the spot I wanted to hit,and released. Direct hit!!!The beast was dead. I cautiously nocked another arrow and moved ahead.The arrow had penetrated deep, I reached down and pulled my arrow from... The rotten stump.

As you may have guessed I was stump hunting. With the weather here in PA warming up I went out today to scout for turkeys and "kill" some stumps. I missed a few but hit a lot.This is one way I like to get ready for a hunting season( Now spring Turkey).

Stumps ,clumps of grass, and leaves all make good targets if you have the right arrows.

I had a good day!!!!! .... Whitewoodshunter

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: A hunting story........
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 07:42:28 pm »
stalking stumps is a blast.. they never run away and if you miss they always allow for another shot... I just wish I could find a spring bear that would let me do that... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline boo

Re: A hunting story........
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 11:15:02 pm »
Awesome hunt, thanks for sharing. Thats probably my favorite pass time also.
Boo