Author Topic: New to this Forum  (Read 10586 times)

Fletcher the Arrow Maker

New to this Forum
« on: March 24, 2009, 05:09:02 pm »
I am a long time Traditional Archer, since about 1962 I think.  I have been doing primitve bows and arrows for about 15 years now - mainlywith the Mountain Man Rendezvous clubs.  I was shown in a past issue of Primitive Archer magazine in an article done by one of the 'Mountain Men' who is a good writer and photographer.

I should have registered on this forum sooner.  I belong to several others and so much cyberspace and so little time!

My name is John Fredenberg and I am known as 'Fletcher the Arrow Maker' from my first Boy Scout Rondy where I taught the boys about the history of the fur trappers Rendezvous and how the Mountain Men often were given 'new names' based on something they did (bad, good or silly)  They were also taught how to shoot a black powder rifle, primitme bow and arrow, make a fire and cook on it with cast iron or copper pots and pans and how to set up teepes and white canvas tents and sleep in a bedroll.  Great time going back in history a bit.

A question - how do I update my profile?  I can open it but can't seem to add any information.  I would tell more about myself that way.  Also - how do you post a pictue as an avatar - or do you do that here?

Thanks

Fletch

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: New to this Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21:12 pm »
Welcome brother, glad you are here, look forward to your posts.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:26:44 pm »
Welcome to PA, Fletcher.  You will enjoy your time here.
  If you click on "modify" at the top right of the page, that should allow you to make changes to your profile.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:50:55 pm »
Welcome aboard, Fletcher. If you will click the "Profile" button at the top of the page, you can access and modify your profile. We don't have the avatar option at the moment.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 07:57:43 pm »
 Welcome Fletcher, Glad to see another arrowmaker here. I love trading with arrowmakers.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:43:00 am »
Welcome John,glad to have you here. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Fletcher the Arrow Maker

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:12:18 am »
I was unable to add any other info to the profile, but Sarah said that was all we can input for now.

If you want to know any more about me, just ask or pm.

Good to be here.  I like forums.  I like sitting around the campfire a lot better,

but this cyber 'fire' willhave to do for now.

Fletch

Manager

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 11:09:18 am »

you can fill out the information when you click on the member profile information.