Author Topic: MOUNTED ARCHERY  (Read 6870 times)

Offline Little John

Re: MOUNTED ARCHERY
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 08:34:21 am »
Another good mounted archery article in the new P.A. by Jay Redhawk. Another real good issue.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 10:41:26 am »
Haven't got my copy of the new mag yet... That Jay Red Hawk is one heck of a horse archer.. would love to hang out with him for a while and learn some of his techniques... Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Cromm

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 01:08:41 pm »
I love it!!!!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »
yeah its great what he is doing to keep the lakota traditions alive.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 03:47:14 pm »
i just read hawk that the lakota way of shooting is when carrying the arrows in your bow hand the broadhead is always pointing up. . . pretty neat

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 03:55:41 pm »
very cool..I always have mine pointed down.. just goes to show you... give a white eye a bow and a horse... and he will do everything backwards ;D ;D ;)

Mike "Hawk" Huston

whitewoodshunter

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 04:21:40 pm »
Funny Hawk!!!

Offline Traxx

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 09:03:11 pm »
What happened,to your horses left front ?I notice a scar and a hairline deviation.Sorry,its what i do fer a livein.LOL

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 10:24:35 pm »
He was born with the crack in his hoof, his parents both were highly prized runners... so he was given to a friend of mine.. who was a ferrier.. years of hoof work paid off... I have ridden him an average of four hundred miles a year in the high country for years, he was left to me after my friend died of cancer.( Ima rio texas tiger) is his full name and he is a valuable and trusted friend to me.. Thanks for noticing the old injury.. takes a trained eye to notice.. he was also skinned from the knee down in a high country accident.. a greenhorn was leading him and he stepped through the lead rope.. the idiot had the rope tied off to the horn ... ripped and skinned him to the ankle.. I sewed him up right there and made a paste from old mans beard and willow bark... waited three days for the swelling to come down and walked him out of the mountains.. no proud flesh and you can't even see the wound anymore... that is why I always carry a small box of safety pins in my saddlebag.. works great for sewing horse hide in a hurry.. Hawk a/ho   

Mike "Hawk" Huston