Author Topic: I could use some help  (Read 3109 times)

Offline redwasp

I could use some help
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:27:42 pm »
This is the first D shaped bow I've attempted and last night tiller looked perfect, now looks messed up maybey it was just my crooked eyes last night. Any way I could use some advise. Been working on this for a long time and want to finish it. Any help much appreciated.
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: I could use some help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:43:06 pm »
Leave that Left Limb alone for now....and get the Right one bending the same.....then work both limbs together.....you are alright so far....just got a little carried away on the Left Limb....will still be fine....slow and steady....if in doubt ....step out....thats what they tell us at work....so we don't mess up....take a break and walk away to get a fresh look at things
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline redwasp

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:51:20 pm »
thanks, I'll work on the right limb some. I think also that the left limb had some deflex mid limb to the tips I don't know if that has something to do with also it rained today, could humidity change the tiller that much?

Offline 0209

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:33:55 pm »
Work on getting the right limb bending more in the middle and you ought to be alright.  Shouldn't be too hard of a fix, just a couple scrapes with the scraper on the mid right limb and you'll be finished tillering in no time.
best or luck,
-Ian
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training is austere conditions with minimal food and water. He doesn't worry about what workout to do.his ruck weighs what it weighs and his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. Only he knows the cause. Still want to Quit?
-Unknown

Offline redwasp

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:15:26 pm »
scale broke lol, what a piece. scared me to death thought bow blew. I think tiller is done but I'll have to post pictures tommorrow. I have to buy another scale only went to 60lbs and it was maxed out. Got lucky bow is still sound.

Offline redwasp

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 01:52:28 pm »

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 02:39:51 pm »
Richard....what ever you have done since yesterday...helped....the Tiller looks nice today....maybe a little stiff mid-limb....or maybe it was the Bourbon and Red Bull  Mixed Drinks  messing with my Eyesight........ 8)...shoot it and enjot it!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:10:21 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 02:46:04 pm »
all i can say is

sand it,seal it,shoot it and put a fork in that one,cause thats suckers done.
looks good enjoy your new bow.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

nickf

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 03:26:56 pm »
You might consider to get the top limb bending a little more...

nice bow redwasp!

Nick

Offline redwasp

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 07:02:00 pm »
thanks everyone still need to sand and finish. hey what does bourbon and red bull taste like? Never tried that, only vodka and red bull. NICKF I think you're right about the top limb looking at the picture. still have to get a new scale >:(. I have three more I'm working on.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 07:25:29 pm »
I'd get the midlimbs bending a little more, but only for my own personal taste. I usually try to leave my D bows a little stiff in the center. Old habbit from so many messed up ones at first :D!