Author Topic: Buffalo Drop Bone Handled Neck Knife  (Read 13562 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Buffalo Drop Bone Handled Neck Knife
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:15:17 am »
Beautiful knife,someone will be proud to receive that.Very nice work. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Shooter_G22

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 11:52:00 pm »
Very Nice work there El Dustructo...

i tell you what you make them knives like a pro...   i really like the Bone handle...  and it being old buffalo... Wow...  that really makes it unique and original...  i really like it alot...   looks really good. ;)   im sure the owner of that will be proud to have it...

good job brother...

Offline TRACY

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 04:39:28 pm »
Proud is an understatement Pappy! Was I shocked to find this in the mailbox last night! What a gesture of fellowship that seems to be pretty common with folks on this site and in the traditional archery community. Mike did one heck of a job with the knife and the sheath. Now I have more incentive to harvest a turkey this year so I can break it in right. The pictures don't do it justice. I guarantee this knife will be within reach at all times in the field from here on out. Thanks again Mike!!!!!

Forgot to add that I missed this post before it got to me. I told Mike I wanted to post some pics and he replied with a link :)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 06:44:38 pm »
Tracy....I am glad that you liked the Knife....It was one of the Only way I had to show my Thanks for the Arrow Shafts that You sent Me....there is very little Natural Material around here that I could send you in return of Your Favor....so I did the next best thing....I made You something for Your Favor....I hope that You get a lot of good use from this Knife...and remember ....there is magic in this Knife....it has good Medicine....this Handle came from a good Hunt from a hundred+ years ago....The First People ate well after chasing these Bison off the Cliff....and this Knife Handle is made from what was left....It will bring you Good Fortune Too!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline WOODSLORE

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »
Beautiful knife! Congrats! ;)
Paleo arts are a long sent gift from our ancestors.

If primitive meant dumb......none of us would have been born!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 03:08:22 pm »
That's some quality work Mike! Good one!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 03:15:12 pm »
excellent work mike. one of these days i gotta try my hand at that. first i'll have to beat the rock addiction though. gonna be awhile
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 09:42:02 pm »
Jamie...if you see Tracy Fairchild at the Classic again this Year...I bet He is still wearing the Neck Knife...and braggin about it to everyone...I could not have made it for a Better Person either...I just wish that I would have gotten to talk to Him more last Year...well maybe He will be back again.......... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome