Author Topic: Kiln building imfo  (Read 18177 times)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Kiln building imfo
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 11:49:29 am »
Them Cody's look pretty simple and what kind of whiskey do ya like ::). Taking the girls out to see the Grand Canyon - may give ya a holler while I'm up that way :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline ducosniffer

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 04:15:07 pm »
I checked on K-Wool insulation today.  That stuff is a  little pricey.  Would be nice to have, gonna do some more lookin.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2009, 06:57:18 pm »
Get an electrician to rewire it...can be run in any mode.....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2009, 07:00:01 pm »
Them Cody's look pretty simple and what kind of whiskey do ya like ::). Taking the girls out to see the Grand Canyon - may give ya a holler while I'm up that way :).

Cowboy ...that Blade that you made me....that is the Shape that I really like....maybe not as thinck /....but that shape is really cool.....and it's Makers Mark....all the way!!!!!!!!

Ducosniffer.......I got the K-Wool too.............. :P.....and by the way...you know that glue (Duco) with F$%^ You up.......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Timo

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 10:40:19 pm »
Shane has been useing duco for years....Explains alot! ;D

Offline ducosniffer

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 11:02:50 am »
Ha, yep blame it on the Duco!  We may need to do some talking on that k-wool El Destructo.  If nothing else, sounds like it would make your current kiln alot more efficient.

Offline Timo

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 09:16:28 pm »
Back up for Jesse. ;)

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 09:46:00 pm »
Thanks Tim,
 I think i can do this, i'v alrdy been zapped once so what the heck.  ;)
Mililani Hawaii

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 11:08:34 pm »
Check Craigslist I have seen a lot of used kilns go real cheap in my area.  If you plan to cook a lot of rock invest in a computerized controller. You will pay for it real quick if your blowing up rock. If you get a controller there is nor reason to switch it to 120.  there is no economic advantage to using 120 or 240.   Volts x amps = kilowatts. I put a meter on my kiln and it doesn t use much electric, (With a controller), without a controller you will use more electric.
Steve

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 10:13:44 am »
yea caveman i priced the controllers they run about $700 bucks. thats a little outa my price range right now.
 My big thing is getting this kiln working. I'll save money if i rewire the kiln to 110 because it would cost me more to pay an electrician to run a new wire from my breaker for a 220 outlet.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 05:40:53 pm »
Jess,
 I got a controller from a guy on  ebay I can find him for you, it only cost about 175 with all the parts and the program.   You need an old pc (win, 95, 98 or xp)  to run it and work the program, 
Set it and forget it. Its the best thing I have ever done.  I know many knappers have this setup and just love it.
steve

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ramp-Soak-Temperature-Controller-Kiln-Ramp-PC-software-/260602089495?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad185017

Check it out, Mark Bracken uses it I use it and many others have and love it. its not hard to put together.
Steve