Author Topic: broadhead  (Read 2802 times)

cooksomerice

broadhead
« on: March 31, 2009, 02:51:36 pm »
Guys

This is my first post here.  Last October, I made an osage self-bow and have committed to hunting with it.  I love shooting a bow that I crafted myself.  However, I am only half primitve.  I shoot aluminum arrows and screw in broadheads now.  I will conquer the bow and then move onto handcrafted arrows, if I can find someone to help me get started.  My problem is this... I can not find any 2 blade screw-in 175 grain broadheads.  Does anyone know of any.  Thanks.

Kyle

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
Re: broadhead
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:01:13 pm »
3 rivers archery got some good stuff...nothing wrong with what your doin...sometimes completing the 'transformation" takes time..

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 03:02:06 pm »
3 Rivers Archery has Zwickey Delta 170-gr screw-ins, and a plethora of glue-on and screw-in types. They also have adapters that allow you to use glue-on broadheads on screw-in arrows. 3riversarchery.com
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 03:02:58 pm »
Predatorcaller, great minds think alike :) We musta been typing at the same time.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 03:04:40 pm »
I would try the aluminum adapters that glue in to most 2 blades with a ferrule. That would give you a good choice of different broadheads. 3rivers is a paid advertiser that would carry them.

Tracy

Sorry, didn't realize everyone posted at the same time. Looks unanimous though
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:10:59 pm by TRACY F »
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline PeteC

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 09:13:28 pm »
Kyle,there are many ,"how to's",on building self arrows,on this site,and a good one in this month's issue of PA.Building self-arrows is much easier than most folks think,(every part of them).You can find many types of shoots and,or, cane,all over this country.Give it a try.It's as rewarding as bowbuilding. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas