Author Topic: Josiah finally scores with new bow!  (Read 7423 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Josiah finally scores with new bow!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 07:45:58 pm »
Thanks Barrage,Wolf Watcher wasn't kidding .. she is just as good with a bow as she is with that camera, I try to discourage her from hunting because she shoots way better than me :'(.. she took a four by five mule deer the first year she ever hunted :o... I killed thirty deer with a  longbow before I ever got a four by five anything...Pat, I think Josiah would be doing backflips if he had one of your arrows in his quiver...he is sure addicted to shooting his bows, he is one of the few kids his age who would rather shoot and ride horses than play video games..Hawk   
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 08:23:45 pm »
Awesome pictures Stacey!!!!!!!!Josiah looks zoned in in that first picture.Sure looks like fun.Ryan and I are really looking forward to coming out this summer.Hawk,I,ll give ya another call here soon.Have a great day!!!Lloyd

Offline TRACY

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 11:03:45 am »
Those are fantastics pics and memories! Glad to see the whole family taking part. Congratulations Josiah!!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 09:41:45 pm »
Great pics Hawkbow as always - thanks for sharing  ;)
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:24 pm »
Hawkbow, you need to start hunting something else that's open season in Wyoming--praire dogs, stalings, anything we need our weekly photo fix. 
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline billy

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 12:22:53 am »
Hawk,

I think small game hunting is the best, hands down.  Lots of action, plenty of shot opportunities, and loads of fun, too.  Fantastic photos by Stacey, as always.  She must have a really good zoom lens to be getting shots of wildlife that close, especially the one of the miss.  Unless she is such a master stalker that she can get within 6 feet of those little rabbits and get photos of them.  If that's the case, I think she better put down the camera and pick up a bow!
Marietta, Georgia

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 12:35:47 am »
She has a really big zoom lens Billy, but she is also extremely patient in waiting for the shot... I have seen her wait for hours, day after day for a picture of a certain deer or elk .. etc... and she won't quit until the picture is taken. When we are out hunting sometimes the fun gets put on hold while she sets us up for the shot.. Nothing tries my patience more than standing twenty feet from a bunny waiting for her to stalk around and set up for the shot. But it is cool when she gets the picture to share with fellow brothers of the bow. Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

whitewoodshunter

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 08:44:49 pm »
Way to go Josiah!!!! I am so proud my bow is a killer. Good shooting and hunting.

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 09:38:56 am »
Hawk-

Love to see these pics!  As usual your wife did a GREAT job capturing the action!

My little boy starts school this fall....and momma has finally gave me clearance to take him along!  Boy is he ever excited!

I am making him up a little osage bow from a piece of wood that Saw Filer sent to me some time back......June we have a 2 week squirrel season....so needless to say I and my new hunting buddy will be scaring the acorns off'n the skrills with our near misses!

Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 03:01:09 am »
hawk, your hunting partner is better than me. i cant hit a bunny for anything. looks like yalls are a little easyer to find than mine though. cource im huning in louisiana. bout to just go shoot nutria. got plenty of them. gotta learn how to shoot from a canoe though. what was the average range yall were stickin those at?
lets just shoot it

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 10:18:36 am »
usually the shots are at fifteen to twenty yards, but some are as close as six feet if you sneak really good... the thing with hunting bunnies on the high plains is you may have to walk miles and miles to find them.. thay are in only in certain areas.. and they are mostly running shots.. happy hunting Hawk..

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 10:46:16 am »
i see. well, my compliments to you and him. yall are great shots.
lets just shoot it