Author Topic: Do not try this at home...  (Read 11454 times)

Offline Diligence

Re: Do not try this at home...
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 06:14:20 pm »
That's way too funny....sure hope he was wearing a "cup"!....because, wow, would that hurt!
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 08:40:28 pm »
HOLY CRAP!!!!  :o it is all fun and games until someone gets their eye shot out :'( ;) Looks to me like the shooter was all over the place.. Run Eddie run... ;D ;) Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 09:40:11 pm »
 ;D ;D, Alcohol? I think that was the problem, none. It was early in the morning, I used to do it with Flu-flu arrows out of a 40 pound bow. This was Chris Cades 55#, BBO recurve with hunting arrows with a rubber blunt. I just wasn't in the mood to get hit in the hand that early in the morning. To grab them you have to reach for empty air as soon as the arrow leaves the bow. The speed is very decieving when you are watching it come at you. Hawk, you are right, some were high and some low, but I touched almost everyone. I had the little, white, burn streaks the fletching makes when you can't hang onto it.

If you ever stand down range with a shooter you can trust, you will see how a deer can get out of the way and you will be suprised at the noise some of the fletching makes.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 09:46:35 pm »
Yeah Staceys reflexes are getting real fast ;D >:D ;) she called my old Australian shepherd up on the hay stack with her.. she said that way she was sure I wouldn't miss.. I really like that dog 8) Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 09:52:12 pm »
Cool pictures Stacey.If Hawk does that when we are out in June then I can hold cardboard in front of you-WAIT ??? that didn,t work for me before-ha! ha!It,s pretty cool to see the flex of the arrow leaving the bow.SHOOT STRAIGHT!!Lloyd

Offline Timo

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 10:35:17 pm »
Does Stacey own a 4x4? :)

Awwesome pics.Really like the bent arra.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 10:42:41 pm »
I own two 4x4's so, since she is the boss of me she owns them both...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2009, 08:14:48 pm »
Hawk, Kathie says you have me bested this time as there is no way she is getting in front of an arrow in flight. Cool pics.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 12:49:30 am »
Kenneth, I'd bet Kathie would get behind the arrow , wouldn't she! ;D
Those shots of Eddie were at the camp-o-rama a few years ago and the last alcohol was the night before. He was just hung over! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 07:53:03 pm »
Yep Pat she would probably trust me that far.  About bevery time I have taken her elk hunting she has somehow gotten between me and the elk and I have not shot her yet so looks she would trust me by now.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2009, 10:08:44 pm »
I can say that stacey has no real trust in me or my ability with a bow.. :'( Luckily she is a picture taking addict, so... much like we bow addicts the chance of a rogue arrow slicing through her, holds no great fear as long as she gets the picture she wants. :o 8)

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2009, 02:42:46 am »
nice shooting, brave girl. i got some friends who will throw coke bottles in the air for me to shoot, but thats about as far as we will go.
lets just shoot it

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:04 am »
Safety first..young hunter... I shoot thousands of arrows every month and am certain of my ability after thirty years of constant bow shooting... but still she is above me and I am shooting downward with all my shots.. still some danger but only if an arrow were to blow at release.. or if she were to make some smart comment concerning my shooting ability or form :o ;)  be safe it only takes once to ruin your life or someone elses. Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 10:44:56 am »
so true my friend, and i compleatly understand that. they trust me enough to let me shoot something out of their hand if i asked them, but i only trie what i know i can do without hurting my friends, which are like brothers to me.  ;)
lets just shoot it