Author Topic: lets do another point swap  (Read 37428 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: lets do another point swap
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2009, 10:53:04 pm »
  Wade, you lucky dog. Look's like a Bad a## Dalton to me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

jreb

« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2009, 11:19:33 pm »
test

jreb

« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2009, 11:28:11 pm »
Ok    i tried to post blacktails blade he sent me by scanning it but it didnt work , do i need to resize or what , it wont let me click and drag when i do drop it on the post it just shows the scan no room for input ..........please help the computer challenged ???

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2009, 09:07:24 am »
jreb, you need to post it as an attachment instead of clicking and dragging it. If you look at the lower left of the reply window, outside the lower left corner of the box you type the text in, there is a link that says "Additional Options." Click on that and it will open a box that lets you browse to the pic on your computer and attach it to the post. Also, the image needs to be less than 200 kb file size and no more than 640x480 in actual size.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2009, 10:33:02 am »
Thanks Wade! Yep, Eddie's right - that's a dalton I posted awhile back :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2009, 11:15:18 pm »
 Wow John I just saw this and just getting caught up on the posting . Those points look awesome. ;D  Sent you a PM.  Awesome looking points guys.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2009, 11:45:13 pm »
This was more of a personal gift from Blacktail to Dave and I at the rondevzouse. John walked up and gave these two blades to us  to fight over.  >:D  His talent on them big blades is very impressive. I'll post some close ups and details later. ;)

Offline piper

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2009, 05:08:25 pm »
THANKS MULLET....My point came while I was on vacation fishing and it is a very nice Obsidian point..Looks like some kind of rainbow or sheen..Very nice chipping and material..I will try to get some picks when thing slow down around here...THANKS  MULLET  It  has a special place in one of my cases...

Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:17 pm »
Steve (Hillbilly?), I will have your point in the mail on monday. Been missing my tools since I left them at the Classic!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2009, 03:12:26 pm »
 Glad you got it, Curt, it's Rainbow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:14 pm »
Got my point from N2 last week.  Finally got a chance to post the pics.  Thanks Wade! Looks great!! ;D

Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2009, 06:33:30 pm »
Will keep my eyes out for the next trade. I hate I missed this one.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2009, 05:13:21 pm »
Steve (Hillbilly?) I got yours done and will get it in the mail on Monday. Been busy but I think you will like it. Was making a mammoth butcher blade but ran into a flaw in the rock (ie: fold in the obsidian layers) Broke into three large peices and was able to get a mini-mammoth blade out of it. Think your going to get a kick out of it! Be careful with the edges. I used Billy's sharpening technique :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PDEgJEIY8

Steve Allelley taught both of us at the same time how to do this a number of years ago at Glass Buttes, OR. Man it get them SHARP!!!

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »
That is good info. Billy was showing me this last weekend. It definetly get an edge razor sharp.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2009, 08:59:13 am »
Nice point N2! those blades aughta make some awesome clovis point's Keenan, go ahead and finish em up for this months challenge ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.