Author Topic: survival arrow heads for a guy who is cant knap?  (Read 4820 times)

Offline recurve shooter

survival arrow heads for a guy who is cant knap?
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:32:16 am »
hi fellers. its 1 in the mornin and i drank to many red  bulls today, so i been out shooting at armadillos. (cant hit anything at night, dont worry.) and i got to thinkin. i can make a survival bow and arrows, but i dont know what to do about an arrow head sence i cant knap. sence some of you guys seem to be the best at those kind of skills, what would i do for a survival arow head? i was thinkin just sharpen the stick and shoot little critters. what would yall do?
lets just shoot it

Offline huntertrapper

Re: survival arrow heads for a guy who is cant knap?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:38:18 am »
im up too man..me and my friends are hitting the trout streams tom. morning....uh yeah sharpened stick or slate works good you can sand them down on other rocks to shape of an arrowhead.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 02:40:05 am »
cool man. thanx. thats what i thought. we aint got trout down here. catfish. we fished untill about 10, now im board. good luck tomorrow man.
lets just shoot it

Offline african man

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 05:46:02 am »
heat harden the tip of the shaft first in a fire , by burning it , scrape off the charcoal , sharpen and you're done

Chris  ;)
we all die but we all don't live

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:23:20 am »
sounds like a plan. gonna go mess around with it some today.
lets just shoot it

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:24:42 am »
Depends on how primitive you want to be. 38 special cases while not primitive but are very traditional make a great blunt or taper the shaft and screw on a 3/8" nut a great small game point called the nutter. You can wrap the end of the arrow with soft copper wire.  If you use cane or bamboo shafts just insert a nail for a weight forward blunt.  What I shoot mostly are home made trade points.        Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 12:47:21 pm »
little john, i got everything i need around the house, im just wondering about what im gonna do if i ever get lost. these southern swamps are a pain.
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 01:28:01 pm »
Here is a good one for Rabbits....Squirrels and Birds..........and anyone that can Whittle and tie Knots can make one...and another made from a Deer Shoulder Blade

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 01:50:09 pm »
awsome. i have seen small game arras like that, and im impressed by the bone one. that looks sharp. thank ya.
lets just shoot it