Author Topic: Medicine  (Read 2715 times)

Offline huntertrapper

Medicine
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:25:33 pm »
turkey starts saturday. . . Ill be out with my selfbow and homemade arrow, got a medicine bundle to get me some luck, filled with blacktail deer hair, elk and whitetail sinew and hair from my coyote i recently killed. Going to be spending the night on the mountain friday to wake up at home with the turkey.  Howdy
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Medicine
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:52:29 am »
 8)   Shoot straight!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:14:42 am »
Happy hunting huntertrapper.  I hope you can add a turkey feather to your medicine bundle.

Turkey season starts here this weekend, also.  Unfortunately, my "to-be" hickory bow is just nearing the floor tillering stage.  So, I'll be using a thunder stick.  If success, I will switch to a wheelie for the rest of the season.  Maybe, just, maybe, I will get hickory stick finished before the season ends.  Then, I can persue the turkey in the nobler way of the bow.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:10:26 am »
good luck hedge! and thanks Pat
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:12:04 am »
Good hunting, HT-It's a great time of year to be in the woods with everything waking up and coming back to life. Keep an eye out for morels and ticks. :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 11:19:23 am »
Good luck and may a love struck gobbler look away long enough  for you to place an arrow through him ;)

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 05:55:21 pm »
Just got home from an overnighter with Wolf Watcher.. saw lots of birds and i missed a nice longbeard at fifteen yards or so :'( and glanced another arrow off of a smaller tom the evening before.. i am never going to live this one down.. Watcher will be ribbing me for the misses for years :( we had a great time though and enjoyed the brotherhood of the bow and an honorable hunt...Good luck with your hunt brother and hope your medicine is strong and your aim straight.. Hawk 
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston