Author Topic: Search for the Soapstone Quarry, Part II  (Read 18310 times)

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
Re: Search for the Soapstone Quarry, Part II
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:00 am »
Dane
I don't know what kind of stone it is but Jamie told me about some knappable stone somewhere along the CT river.  We better get more info before you start that search, that could be a pretty big area ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 11:42:07 am »
The Ct. River is such a tiny little stream. If we just walked along the shore, we are bound to find knapable stone :) Bring bug juice, though.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 02:34:01 pm »
Cool photo essay/story, Dane. I was waiting for a photo of a Mi-go, or maybe Brown Jenkin. Did that well have a Colour living in it? ;D
Cthulthu ftaghn!
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Dane

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:45 am »
Thanks Steve. I thought I heard a faint buzzing in the woods, and I may have seen the Dark Goat too :) We ran furiously, and I think we lost her....wait! What is that sound? At the door...coming closer....why I am I still writing....closer now...stench is horrible.....closer...still writing....

I am trying to track down the location of the house Lovecraft lived in in Brattleboro. It does exist, and I want to get some shots of it for part III of this story. Later this year, I plan to do a full-blown Lovecraft Tour, starting in Vermont and ending in Providence, see all his residences, and visit the Brown U Library, which houses his papers.

Yug-Shugguth!

Dane

Offline smokeu

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:41 am »
Very cool I love exploring old deserted places... it does suck getting the willies though
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Dane

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 11:25:25 am »
Thanks, Smokeu. I have always been attracted to deserted and abandoned places, too. Sometimes you come across some nasty feelings or whatever in some sites. I think that memories or activities of former inhabitants may be inprinted there, and sometimes I picture it as ripples coming off some old event. I've never found an evil place yet, but some maybe to be avoided.

Dane

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 11:40:25 am »
So when is your Antarctic expedition to the Mountains of Madness? Tikili-li! ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Dane

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 01:16:58 pm »
I plan to leave soon, after investing in a few extra pairs of warm sox. I'll take a lot of grad students to get slaughtered while I stay at base camp, of course.

Seriously, a huge fantasy is to visit the Antarctic. I have always been facinated by the place, and used to have this great map on the wall of an apartment I lived in in Cambridge I'd use to plan the trip. Hopefully, one day I can go there. If I see any barral shaped creatures in caves, I'm going home early, though :)

Dane