Author Topic: anchor points  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Dave 55

anchor points
« on: April 22, 2009, 04:13:49 pm »
Ive shot 3 fingers under for many years but since I started making my own self bows last fall Ive been trying to shot split since 3 under isnt p c, been having a hard time coming up with something that feels natural and consistent.I know it is an individual thing but Im looking for suggestions if you might have any,thanks Dave.
Now is the good old days

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: anchor points
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 04:37:53 pm »
The only thing I can find that feels right to me is middle fingertip in the corner of the mouth.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:15:20 pm »
There's nothing wrong with three under. Art Young did it. Can't argue with those results ;).

With split I put my middle finger on my lower canine and the crook of my thumb on the edge of my jaw. The jaw is the actual anchor and the corner of my mouth is a reference point.

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 07:44:47 pm »
I am like Kegan, I anchor with the joint of my thumb in the groove behind my jaw and under my ear. An important thing for me is to draw deep and use the back muscles to make it happen.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:10:50 pm »
Thanks for the information guys I appreciate it.
Now is the good old days

Offline mspink

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 12:15:27 am »
I only use two fingers to shoot one on top and bottom of arrow and anchor my thumb knuckle in the corner of my mouth, but my draw is only 26". It works good for me, I can hit a soda can pretty consistent at twenty yards.
Aim small miss small!

Offline Postman

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:50:29 pm »
Right after starting trad, I shortened to 27" by going to index finger in the cleft of the chin, 3 split draw. I shoot better keeping the arrow "in front of me" and it helps my lousy eyes look down it.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline John K

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 07:16:24 pm »
When i shot my FG bow it was middle finger in the corner of the mouth.
Now that i'm shooting my self bows, my anchor is just under my eye, when my thumb knuckle hits my cheek bone i'm at anchor. O yeah, i shoot split finger too !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 07:52:18 pm »
 I shoot Mediteranian style, When my thumb nail hits the corner of my mouth, that's  my anchor.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline TreyNC

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 09:14:22 pm »
Three fingers, middle to corner of the mouth. My biggest problem was not using a piep sight or any sight pins, figuring out weather to shoot with one eye or two. Settled on two.

Trey

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 11:45:57 am »
 Thanks again for the replys,its appreciated,I havent been to the site  much latley way to humid to build bows here.
Now is the good old days

Offline woodstick

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 11:35:33 pm »
shoot what you shoot best. everybody is different. just shoot the same everytime. i shoot 3 under, tried split dont like it. thats me.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken