Author Topic: Twin Oaks Bowhunters / 12th Annual Tennessee Traditional Archery Rendezvous  (Read 58642 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
I would like to thank the Twin Oaks Bowhunters for putting on the Tennessee Classic Traditional Rendezvous....a better bunch of People have never been placed on this Earth.

These Boys spent most of the Year getting things ready for one Week of the Best Medicine that this Misplaced Damned Yankee could have asked for! These Guys did everything that could be asked of a Man....and then some to make everyone that made the Pilgrimage to Pappy's Family Farm in the Hills of Tennessee feel so welcome...that it was more like a Homecomming than a Vacation....not once did I feel out of Place...ignored or just a Tourist....Instead from the Minute I got out of MY Car in front of the Bow Building Area I was greeted with a Big.......I KNOW YOU!!! from   Jesse followed by Hugs and Handshakes from all around.

There was never a Moment that I wanted for anything.... I got there and already had a place to lay my Head (thanks Cracker!!)... I got a great Meal and something to Warm My Spirits without even asking for it!! For 5 Days I felt like I was part of this  Group for all time...not just the week I spent there.

I have never gotten to know as many great People so fast i my entire 51 years on this Earth... These Guys never stopped from either making sure that the Hordes of People that kept coming were kept bathed...fed ...and I do mean fed...I bet I gained 5 pounds! (King Ron...its your fault!!) They never stopped ...between setting up Water Stations on the Course and cleaning up the Campgrounds...setting down with People to show them the way to do something...all you had to do is ask and they were there... I never seen so much caring before in My Life.

But there is one who especially stands out... Mr. Mark "Pappy" Baggett........there is not a Finer Gentleman on God's Green Earth than this Man....He Opens up His Family Farm ....and His Heart even further to any and everyone that is willing to go there to learn these Primitive Skills and ways of Life...He gives all year of Himself on the Board answering all questions that He can... and never stops at the Classic....This Man has more energy than a Hive of Bees!! You made me feel like Family...and that means the World to Me....When I needed a little something back a few Months ago...You were there too. You are a very special Person Pappy...and I am Proud to call you ...FREIND!

Now I will get off of my Soapbox...and dry My Eyes....and end by saying this...............

If You Look Up ...."SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY"..... in a Dictionary....there are  no Definitions listed.....just a Big Picture of this Bunch

See You's Guy  ;D  Next Year for Sure....thats a warning....... ::)

And Marie....the Dot ...Dot ....Dot's are all for You..... >:D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 01:20:58 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
THat was the best bunch of ..... 's that I have ever read.  :-*  I don't think I could have put into words any better than what you just described.  I will say that I was told from one of the visitors that these people don't look at what's on the outside, everyone there sees each other with their hearts.  It was healing for me to be there too and my time there was waaay too short this year.  Cheers to Pappy, Miss Joanie and all the Twin Oaks crew.  ;D
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
...yes!  lets not forget Miss Joanie. She is also a CLASSIC and a CLASSY LADY!!! Thank you Miss Joanie. It was a pleasure spending a little time with you too. 8)
   Mike I think you hit the nail on the head. Couldn't have said it better.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Yeah, that's some of the finest folks in the world down there. Good summation, Mike. Didya ever get that hickory log stuffed into the Shelby? ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
  You summed it all up, Mike. I don't think I could add anything to it. I heard the Princess say you were going to have to change your handle to El Nice-o.  ;D And Miss Joanie, I heard it wasn't quite true that my wife had the only longhaired pictures of their wonderful, darling, husbands.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DanaM

Eddie its El-Sweeto :D Yup good bunch of folks down there. I told ya you wouldn't be sorry fer coming :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

Steve... I got the Log in there....took some Prying and a couple of well placed Towels to keep it from Bruising my Precious Car....but I could not let that Log go back to Michigan with that Woodwhore now could I!!!!!!!!!!

Pat...I never got the Privilidge to meet Miss Joanie....but I hope to next Year...and I sure would like to sit down and look into that Photo Album and see what Pappy looked like back in the 60's and 70's!!!!

Dana.....don't be Jealous....you had your time to shine....now it's mine!!! El Nico...has a cool ring to it....but I don't want to give People the Wrong Idea about Me....I am still the Butt of Da Board!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dot Dot Dot............. ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline david w.

Wish I coulda been there.  I will definately go next year :)

Who won the johnstone contest?
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
JackCrafty did... he sure had a big ole' smile with the potty seat around his head!
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline El Destructo

Wish I coulda been there.  I will definately go next year :)

Who won the johnstone contest?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:03:40 pm by mullet »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cookwood

Thank you to all to the group at Twin Oaks.  There are no finer folks on the planet.  There are very few scenarios that I can dream up that involve 4 days and nights of camping in the pooring rain and honestly say that I had a blast!  It takes a special bunch of folks to pull that off and you guys seem to have the right mix.  A special thanks to Greg for helping so much on the bow making.  For the 3rd year in a row, I have asked countless questions and he never made me feel like it was a stupid question.  I wish I could say that for myself with my own students.  Also, a specail thank you to Pappy.  I never knew I would be so excited to get some leg bones from anyone.  I hope to use them to make a couple handles to go on some knives. 

I can't say enough or put the right words down, so THANKS

Jon

DCM

Ms. Joanie is the salt of the earth.  We were saying (wife and I) the same thing on the way home.  Ya'll know from Pappy's posting he's at the farm most every weekend.  I expect Ms. Joanie covers the gap perty good.  Nothing I can add other than to agree with what's been said.  It's like a homecoming.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
been trying to explain what its like in the south. ct is quite possibly the most uptight state in the union and they just dont understand what friendly is. id have to pack them up and drag the whole state down to pappy's.  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Jamie, somebody already did that, but they apparantly brought them all to Haywood County, North Carolina. And they all built mansions and stayed....... ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
 ;D you want some more of em?
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct