Author Topic: Twin Oaks Bowhunters / 12th Annual Tennessee Traditional Archery Rendezvous  (Read 58643 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
You keep eating Guacomole and stuff like that....and you will look like the Swamp Thing!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

onjay s

It was really great meeting all of you and seeing those of you again that I met last year at Cloverdale.  I had a great time!  Granted, the day after I got home I had to do my hair and set aside my hiking boots, put on some sneakers and go into the city and bum around for awhile....:)  Thanks for the hospitality Pappy, Greg, Anthony and everyone else.  El-D said it right when he said that it was a welcoming place and I didn't feel like an outsider even once.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
dude that is definetly gonna be my next tattoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline El Destructo

dude that is definetly gonna be my next tattoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAOROTFF!!!!!

And Angie....You and You Other Half could not be out of Place anywheres either....you two are Good People!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

onjay s

Thx El-D.....Just a warning for you..  I plan on having my arrows with the pink fletching by next classic  ;D

Offline venisonburger

I'm proud to know all of you, theres so much talent, and generosity among you all that even downpouring rain couldn't dampen the spirit. I laughed alot, learned alot, yesterday seemed strange not being able to sit around chipping rock with some of you, today it's hard to concentrate on work because my mind is having a hard time not thinking primitive, difficult when your job is being on the phone and computer all day.
Pappy thanks for making me feel welcome, I can't think of a better time to be had.
Can't wait to see you guys again next year.
VB

Offline joanieb

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and all your special gifts that you gave to us. We enjoyed  you coming to our farm and we have  been blessed to be able to share it with you. It takes all our Twin Oaks Bunch to help make this such a fun event. I tell people I am Twin Oaks {silent partner} but for the ones who know me, Pappy says: I am his partner in crime. ::)   The only problem I have is putting a face with a name of all the new people I meet. No one seems to have a real name  ::) ::)  I am very sorry I didn't get to meet EL Destructo. After reading all the kind words he wrote about us, I feel as if I missed out  :'(    
Until next year remember this:  Life isn't about how to survive the storms, it's about dancing in the rain  :) :) I hope all of you danced in the rain  :) :)

Offline El Destructo

I sure did Miss Joanie....and it didn't dampen my Spirits one Bit!!! And next year I am going to make it a Point to track you down and talk your Ears off!!! I didn't just enjoy myself while I was there.... I Immersed Myself in the Sights.... Sounds and Smells of the Tennessee Hills.....I am in Love!!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

DCM

Joanie I love your attitude, not surprisingly.  Dance in the rain indeed. 

Wife and I went walkabout in the garden, ours and neighbors, just before we left for Clarksville and found this, similar thought.

http://home.comcast.net/~dcm4/site/?/page/Spring_flowers

Offline RG

Dang I was going to post on this after reading EL'S post but had to wait for the tears to dry up and then Miss Jonnie came in and I had to wait
for more tears to dry up Serously tho thanks for all the good words We were all so glad to see all of you folks make it to the shoot and put up with a smile the
rain It takes a lot of hard work from all the Twin Oaks Team to put the shoot together but it is all worth it when you open up PA and read all the coments
you folks post here and can tell with out a doubt that everyone did have a great time. By Sunday about 5:00 we were already making plans for next year
and can't hardly wait See you there

Ron

Offline DanaM

whollywuh eh ;D I do believe all the members of Twin Oaks deserve a round of applause for the fine job they do :)

Congrats guys and gals, southern hospitality at its finest :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
I agree with you Dana! A better group of people could not be found!

Making plans here too. Plan on sending a bow and a bunch of arrows out next year to shoot the course with. Also plan on "NOT" making a bow. I know, the bow making nut, NOT making a bow? Yep, decided that after the Twin Oaks gang went through a heck of a lot of work setting up the course I will not pass this up next, year like I did this year, to make bows. I will make one exception though! If James does another bamboo bow class, I will be taking that one, but finishing it up at home!!!

That leaves breaking rock, socializing, shooting arrows, meeting old friends and making new one and taking out a Turkey with Pappys permission!!! I guarantee I will be in much better shape this coming year to do so.  ;D  I may even try to take a bird with a bow, if I can get in enough practice here.

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Sounds like you all had some fine doings down there... can't wait to see some more pics of all the fun everyone had.... Hawk 
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline El Destructo

Here Hawk....the whole experience ain't the same without the Music.....hope these Fellas don't mind....I couldn't keep my foot still all night!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnp0mC9GlYg
2024...We Will Overcome