Author Topic: Twin Oaks Bowhunters / 12th Annual Tennessee Traditional Archery Rendezvous  (Read 59067 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
  Joe, I know you'll remember "cracker", He was the big, ol', nice, one. ;) I bet you thought I was going to say ugly?  :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cracker

Joe, I know you'll remember "cracker", He was the big, ol', nice, one. ;) I bet you thought I was going to say ugly?  :D
Eddie I was all balled up and ready to strike.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Cool talking with ya Joe! Will need to pick your brain some more on where to get that chert in Western WA. Man, I had no Idea we had stuff like this in West WA!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline FlintWalker

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your wife, Mr. York
 I can't believe I missed seeing your points >:(  Maybe sometime you can post a few pictures of them.
 I hope you can make it back down to see us again and bring Mike with you. 

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
It was great having you and your wife Joe,a finer couple I have never meet.I enjoyed talking with you ,just wished I had more time to talk to folks,I'm with you I have never meet a greater bunch of folks,not only the TwinOaks bunch but all or guests[familey] just fit right in and jump in and help anyone that needs it.Hope you can make it back and bring the Hudson's with you.I will be out that way next week so if we get anywhere close I will give you a call.I would love to see your place.  :)
and Cracker is just a big old teddy bear.  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Joe, it was a pleasure meeting you, and thank you again for the fine elk antler! As others have said, I didn't have as much time for talking with folks as I would have liked. I'm glad you and your wife left the event with good feelings and memories to carry home with you. I hope you enjoy the bow given to you when you were leaving, and please keep us posted on your hunts with it!  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

Joe didn't I tell ya that you wouldn't be disappointed :) Was a pleasure to finally
meet you and your lovely wife. Might come out your way next summer :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Wolf Watcher

Pappy:  I sure hope you can come by for a visit when you are in Wyoming!  I think you will like the country!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
It was great talking with you Joe...and thanks for the knapping tips.  I'm going to start using a "knapping log" like the one you showed me.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Joe, the time I spent talking to You at your Table when I was helping out at the primitive Archer Table was very nice...I got to know the real Wolfwatcher I had read so many posts from...then on Saturday when I stood and ate the Potluck Supper with You and Your Lovely Wife I learned a lot more....from Your Better Half perspective...  ;)....She is one heck of a catch...and I believe that She was Your Anchor to the Right Road through Life also....one heck of a Woman! I hope to see you again soon at one of the Gatherings...or maybe I can get out Your ways one day again and see the Big Sky's of the Cowboy State once more

Michael Roberts
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Wolf Watcher

Finally got to string the bow the fellows at Twin Oaks gave me!  :) :) :) What a beautiful bow!  Also am very proud of the "Two Face" bow that was given to me!  Will have to hide them when Hawkbow comes over!  I really made one big mistake when talking to all the fellows at the classic.  I only knew the names from the posts on the PA site and could not put a name to a face.  Now I regret just saying Who are you?  I knew Pappy, Dana, Mullet, and Jessie!  If I get to make the Classic next year I will make sure I know who I am talking to!  Went for a long ride on the ATV with my wife today and found several new elk sheds.  She found her first moose paddle and that is a wonder as the wolves have devastated most of the moose.  Am planning on bear and turkey hunting with the new bows.  Was hoping to meet Cowboy and was disappointed when he could not make the trip!  Once again I want to thank everyone that made our trip to the classic the best vacation I have ever had!  Joe

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Joe, It was a pleasure to meet you and your better half. I am the guy who traded you the "two face" bow. I hope it brings you many years of shooting and hunting pleasure. Please post a picture if you manage to take any critters with it. I'd love to see it !
Ryan O'Sullivan.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Wolf Watcher

Ryan:  I don't know how you made that bow with the two different limb woods, but I can tell you it shoots like a dream.  Am planning to ask Mike Huston to use it when we go turkey hunting.  The truth is that bow should be for display only!!  Just can not tell you what having your bow means to me!  I will try my best to hunt with it with honor!  Joe

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Well, I'm honored to have such a fine gentlemen as yourself shooting one of my weapons. I hope you enjoy the bow Joe. You deserve it. You seem like such a nice guy, you gave more stuff away to anyone who asked.... I figured giving you that bow was the least I could do.  ;D

To heck with displaying it ! Shoot the crap of of that thing and if it breaks I'll send you another one! Bow's are meant to be shot, not look pretty.  :)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Yep! My sentiments exactly!!!  ;)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill