Author Topic: Tiller Advise IPE/Boo  (Read 5362 times)

Offline bigcountry

Re: Tiller Advise IPE/Boo
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 12:22:41 am »
Hmm, I always thought most trapped the rest of the limb and slowly went from trapped to straight to rounded.  You got any pictures of that?
Westminster, MD

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:40:05 pm »
Dad gone, guess I have asked one too many questions these days. :(  Thanks mullet for the reply
Westminster, MD

Offline Jesse

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 07:56:45 pm »
If it were mine I might get it bending a bit more near the handle on both sides but if its blazing fast with little shock like you say then I wouldn't mess with it.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 09:33:26 am »
If it were mine I might get it bending a bit more near the handle on both sides but if its blazing fast with little shock like you say then I wouldn't mess with it.

Well, she is not as fast as I thought she was.  She shot 510gr arrow at 165fps.  Which is faster than any of my selfbows. 

I agree, it needs to bend more at the fades, but after I started getting some separation at the fades and the intersection of the hickory power lam and boo and IPE, I decided not to have it bend any more and sinew wrap it. 

I think I just need to stick a fork in this one.  Too many patches, wraps and repairs.  Shoot it for a while, and see how she fairs.

One interesting point, is I have to put the nocking point almost 0.6" high.  I wonder if its because its even tiller or almost negative tiller? 

Thanks Jesse, you make some bows.
Westminster, MD

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 03:31:22 pm »
  a bit late to give advice !!! you probably got some good tips anyway, good luck with the finnishing, ipe-boo is a good combination
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline Jesse

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 07:39:36 pm »
Yup I would call it done. By the way 165 fps at 10 gpp is plenty fast if you ask me.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 12:48:46 pm »
Let me know if you adjust this bow and offer up another full draw. But this is a good looking bow now and bookmarked for August Laminate Bow of the Month.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday