Author Topic: Salvation Army store find  (Read 3704 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Salvation Army store find
« on: May 16, 2009, 03:05:38 pm »
I was in the salvation army store in Juneau, Alaska a couple of days ago.Looking for treasures and found a rock.Took pictures to share with you guys.Had to pay a whole dollar for it.  '  Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Re: Salvation Army store find
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 10:46:30 pm »
WOW :o That is cool.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:49:01 pm »
Now that's one wierd looking rock Tim - If ya make a point out of it, it aughta be a nice banded one :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sparrow

• Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 02:18:48 am »
Hey Cowboy ! Who's Tim ?  '  Frank

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:38:21 am »
Oh, sorry Frank - I was on a roll ;D ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Sparrow

• Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »
No problemo  I just had to comment >:D ;D   I was hoping someone with a saw would pipe in and offer to slab it for a share.I'd hate to lose any of it if it can be avoided. I have been thinking for a long time I wanted to try some coral and how I was going to go about gettin' some. Waa Laa   salvation army.  (never underestimate that place)
 Take care  '  Frank

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:34:04 pm »
 Frank, I really don't think that piece will chip very well. All thoce cool looking white bands running through it will not chip, it's limestone.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:44:28 pm »

Cool!  Looks like a fosilized hornet nest ! ;)

Wayne

Offline sailordad

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 10:35:05 pm »
well ifn it wont chip well,i'll give ya $2 for it and you will have doubled your money
in this economy what more could you ask for lol ;D

actualy its to bad ifn that wont knapp,it would make some of the coolest points ever seen 8)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Sparrow

• Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 12:37:53 pm »
Dad blame it Mullet,there you go injecting reality into the eqaution,oh well. It's a cool looking rock none the less.I was looking at it with a magnifier and it appeared to have some little fractures here and there. Maybe I'll leave it a paper wieght.  Ha !  '  Frank

Offline stickbender

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »

Frank, pay no attention to Mullet, he's just spouting some of that mining stuff.  Just remember the Wright Brothers, everyone told them man couldn't fly!  ;) Ok, I will give you three dollars for that alien communication stone.  Those are not limestone veins, they are alien radio waves, caught on the screen of an ancient transceiver! ;D

Wayne

P.S. Did you ask where it came from?  Hey, put some tinfoil in the shape of a pyramid on your head, and sit in the lotus position, and talk to the stone, and see what happens......earth calling Venus, earth calling Venus, do you copy? ;D

Offline xin

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:10 pm »
Stickbender, you must be in contact with the same space aliens with  which I communicate.  I've found that I  get much better reception if I stop taking my Haldol and Thorazine.  These drugs somehow block my reception of alien radio waves, even if I'm wearing my triangular aluminum foil transcranial reception gear.  Give it a try, you'll see what I mean.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 01:25:22 am »

Xin, try massaging the little crystal at the base of your neck.  Works for me. ;D

Wayne

Offline xin

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:23 pm »
You, like myself, must have undergone an alien abduction if you have a crystal implanted at the base of your neck.  Those implanted crystals are great for both sending and receiving interstellar messages.  Even the power of the alien crystals is diminished by those fun killing antipsychotic medications.  Even by stroking the crystal I can hardly get a message out and can't get any messages in when I've got those pills in me.  How are we ever going to establish an interstellar federation without communication?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:29:09 pm by xin »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 12:33:30 am »

Xin, communication is always a key ingredient.  Perhaps, some coat hangers...... ;D  Or some Nar Can......That will clear the chemical interference. ;)

Wayne