Author Topic: jaroslaw belza arrowheads  (Read 17275 times)

Offline Loki

Re: jaroslaw belza arrowheads
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 01:23:43 pm »
The Devices Swallowtail is a Type 15 (what a Brute!),this is a swept out Type 16 :).

This is the Type 16 (pic taken from Hector Coles site)

Type 15 Devices Swallowtail (pic taken HC's site)

The Swept out type 15 :) (again pic taken from HC's site)

Have you shot a Swallowtail arrow before YB? It's pretty scarry  >:D
Durham,England

triton

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 05:11:16 pm »
ahh they have strange deices in Devizes (excuse the local joke, for local people)  ;D

youngbowyer

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 08:32:08 pm »
The Devices Swallowtail is a Type 15 (what a Brute!),this is a swept out Type 16 :).

This is the Type 16 (pic taken from Hector Coles site)

Type 15 Devices Swallowtail (pic taken HC's site)

The Swept out type 15 :) (again pic taken from HC's site)

Have you shot a Swallowtail arrow before YB? It's pretty scarry  >:D

No i have never shot a swallowtail head before but i can assume that it is pretty scary :p ;D Im ordering tomorrow hoping to get my stuf in 4 weeks or so. Loki do you live in the U.S? if you do how long did it take you for the heads to get there.

youngbowyer

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 08:33:51 pm »
Never mind i see you live in Durham, England.

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 03:03:32 am »
when you forge these how do you get the one peice. Just off hand i would imagine that youroll the socket, then forge weld it to a head you made seperately am I close?
knapp 'um if you got 'um

triton

Offline bootboy

• vinland longbows
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 01:09:28 pm »
I see, so you make it in the same process as a bodkin then flatten it to the shape you're after then hot cut the barbs!
Thanks!
knapp 'um if you got 'um

loxley

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 07:18:34 pm »
I saw somebody on the old englishwarbow having ordered these heads but i dont remember who it was. This is the link to the website http:///belza.iq.pl/old/index_eng.html (not sure if this is against pa rules but if it is just type in on google jaroslaw belza arrowheads) Im planning on getting some type 7's type 15's and type 16's. I am still waiting from him to reply to my email. He forges custom heads so i have asked him how much it will cost for 6 or so type 15 heads.
If any of you have experience with this man let me know to see what quality it is.

Tom.
Hi all...
yes it was me... ;) i've only just got around to joining this forum... ::)  shame the old englishwarbow forum closed down, still, it seems there are some familiar names around here !!
Jaroslaws forged heads are really good and reliable , and so are of course Hector Cole's, i've just recently recieved some more from him...

[attachment deleted by admin]

loxley

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 07:22:51 pm »
and here's some Hector's:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Davepim

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 11:25:58 am »
Hi Chris,
   Nice to see you've joined the forum. I bought some plate cutters from Jaroslav recently; yes he does take a bit of a time to reply to your emails, but he'll eventually reply. He will now do the heads with a 1/2" outside dia socket for a bit extra, as he knows more people shooting warbows need them. Mine cost around six euros each and I have now case hardened them, so they are sharp and hard enough to scratch glass - I'll be using them at the Triskell when you come over.

Cheers, Dave

loxley

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 05:53:07 pm »
Hi Dave,
looking forward to the festival !
I'am about to case harden my forged points as well, good to hear you've already done yours !

Chris