Author Topic: Kirk corner notched  (Read 2563 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Kirk corner notched
« on: May 24, 2009, 07:38:42 pm »
 After making that Lost Lake earlier today, I said I was gonna mow the yard but...I'm off work next week and decided tomorrow might be a better day to mow. ;D
 So I thought I'd try another one of my favorite point types.  Everything went well until I wasn't paying attention to how I had it supported and popped one of the ears off. It wasn't even the one I was working on. I was lucky to find it. When it popped off, it hit me on the tip of the nose and fell in my hand. 8)  I glued it back on. I know it'll never be the same. But once it goes in my case, it won't matter. They're just for looks anyway.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline piper

Re: Kirk corner notched
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:27:30 pm »
now thats is super extra FINE thanks for the pic's

Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:22 pm »
Thanks Curt.  It's work like yours, that inspires me to try harder.

I figure since not many people have looked at this post I'll go ahead and put the last point for the day on here.  It's nothing fancy, just something to hopefully stick through a deer this fall.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Timo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:56:20 pm »
That's some nice work Saw!  I have made several this weekend all ready,but o pics yet.

PeteDavis

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:15:47 pm »
Killer ears. Texas material?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:17:35 pm »
Your all the rage Shannon ;D! You seem to be in the exact same spot I was in about a year ago - blowin and goin ;). Keep em coming man!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 11:30:11 pm »
I wish I was as good as you were a year ago Paul.
 Yea Pete, both of them are good 'ol raw Texas stuff.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 07:06:58 am »
think its time for you to try some rhyolite basalt or quartz cause its getting to easy for ya  ;D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 07:17:23 am »
Nice work Shannon :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI