Author Topic: Boating and Carp slaying with Wolf Watcher..  (Read 8605 times)

Offline Brother Dan

Re: Boating and Carp slaying with Wolf Watcher..
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:05 am »
Pappy made a bow with a carp skin on it, don't know if was a commom or a grass carp, but I thought it looked sharp. I think he won "bow of the month' for it too. He gave it to Chris, "sodbuster" for a elk shed.  Brother Dan 
Cleves, Ohio

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 08:40:35 pm »
 Hey Kenneth, Couldn't you hunt over fresh killed, Carp, Gut piles? ::) 8) ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2009, 10:30:53 am »
Hang the fish and make a couple of cuts near the tail deep enough to cause good bleeding.  Let them bleed out.  Fillet without ever messing with the skin or the guts.   Big pretty bone free for the most part white slabs of fish to be cut into portions.  Cut about half an inch thick, roll in breading of choice, and deep fry hot.  Never had any turned down by anyone that did not already know it was carp and did not want it before they tasted it. 
Maybe it depends on where you get them from. 
I learned about bow fishing standing on a fallen tree over a creek while others beat a beaver pond to cause them to flee upstream past me. 
Guess what happens when the fish arrow hits a 45 pound carp in the back of the head with a 90 pound string on it attached to you standing on a log over the creek!   
For eating you want the larger fish where you can fillet off big clean portions. 
Hunting carp with a bow is right up there near the top on the list of things to do with your clothes on!

brokenhand

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 09:59:23 pm »
       Looks like a good time, I remember when you was a youngun and we had to strip down to cross the river in jan. in montana just to hunt whitetails, cause none of us had waders. reminds me of them times. Have fun and teach them well....Brokenhand....Aho

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 10:03:21 pm »
I always thought you had waders but were just too tough to use them... LOL Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 10:38:27 pm »
I  love  to  shoot  carp,  some  really  big  boys  here, but  I  have  never gotten  a  use  for them  so  I  hate  to  kill them, I h ave  heard  you  have  to  remove a  large vein  that  runs  along the  fish  to  make  it  edible,  but  I  have  never seen  them  cooked to  satisfaction,  and  they smell terrible,  and will  smell  up  your trunk really  bad,  try  removing that smell!
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.