Author Topic: no turkeys but fun anyway  (Read 2308 times)

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
no turkeys but fun anyway
« on: May 26, 2009, 09:45:06 pm »
made it up to camp for the last couple days of turkey here in Penna.Didn,t hear any Friday but did have another close encounter with old blackie.Got to within 20 yds till the old bruin winded me(hopefully I,ll see one come fall)Hiked in Friday night about midnight to another spot-slept a few hours and worked a bird hard Sat. morning.Got him to about 40-45 yds.shotgun range but not recurve range.Monday I worked the same bird I think but only saw him once at 70-80yds.Had a hen later in the morning close to the decoys but no gobblers.For me getting a bird would be a bonus-just hearing em gobble-working a bird -spending a night or two on the mountain and just roaming the northwoods keeps me happy.good hunting-Lloyd

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: no turkeys but fun anyway
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:56:42 pm »
Well said brother, hope you get a chance at that old warrior bear in the fall.. look forward to seeing you and Ryan this summer, hope we can take a trip with wolf watcher up in the high lands for a few days.. let you meet some real bears..LOL happy hunting.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 02:13:35 pm »
wish i could spent some time back in too pops! we always see bears back in.. and look forward to some high country time hawk!

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 08:12:53 am »
my bad, posted on my dads again, 'posed to be said by me.
Modern Day Tramp