Author Topic: LBL hunt  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
LBL hunt
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:38:58 am »
Got back on the 1st from our annual hunt at Land Between the lakes on the Tn. side.Didn't kill any deer but had a great time around the fire,cooking and a few adult beverages at night.Had 3 down
from NY.north of Buffalo and Gary Davis came again from Mic.We had some close encounters but no shots.It good to just gather with friends and spead some time in the woods.Me being from Tn. 
I didn't know many Yankees and wasn't sure I wanted to but after several years of knowing and spending time  with these guys I have a new outlook,great folks and as country as I am.Here are a few pic.The first is Gary in his Gilly suit practicing the other is just around camp.Hope you enjoy.Just
kidding about the Yankee thing.We have a lot of fun with that when we get together.There was 15 in all this year down a little from last year.
    Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: LBL hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 10:58:01 am »
Great pics Pappy and it looks like ya'll(southern lingo) had a blast. I guess with 15 of ya'll sitting around the campfire telling tales ya need that big roll of TP shown in the last pic.
   I've met Gary a few times. A few years ago when the ATAR was at Winterplace, we were camped next to where he was set up. He and I shot the first half of the course but he had to pack up to leave. Gary has definately been one of the top folks to help keep our addiction going. What a great and knowlegdable guy.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:20:52 am »
Very knowable and more than willing to share.I meet him about 15 years ago at Cloverdale and then he started coming down to the Classic 5/6 years ago.He comes early and we Tucky hunt a day or 2 before the shoot.He has helped me allot.Thats was Big John from NY with the paper he said he had a  BIG A$## so he needed big paper.He is a real character.He kept me laughing all week.The bow Gary was hunting with he tillered in his swamp camp in Mic.it was sealed with deer fat.It turned the water great.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:40:59 am »
Looks like a great time, Pappy-that's what it's all about. Pat, you beat me to the TP comment, I gettin' too slow on the draw........
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:58:34 pm »
  Wow !-Now thats some AW !-Uh-how come its so wide-ah-nevermind -I dont thanh I want to know !-------------------

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 09:59:18 am »
Here is a group pic. from 04 still can't get 05 up.This one is pretty cool.Anthony has a 9 point he killed wit a self bow he started in the late 80's and finished that year,he don't get in a hurry on them.
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Stumpshooter

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:23 pm »
Nice pics Pappy! I love LBL, I have a standing date with a bunch of fellers every year; we meet at LBL in the Kentucky side at Wranglers Camp. We bring home deer every year but everyone but me uses those fancy store bought bows with the tires and wheels on them. Been doing this for over 10 years now; it's good to camp, hunt, and laugh a lot.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 09:14:34 am »
We are there the week after Christmas.Camped up in area 12 on 174 I think.It is the road that heads to Ky.Come see us.Bunch of Yankees come in from Mic. and NY STATE.It is a blast.I think
there was 17 of us last year.This will be the 4th. year of meeting like that. ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

tradrick

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 01:36:51 pm »
Great pics Pappy,Gary Davis is the one to blame for getting me addicted to this bow building thing.He is very knowledgable,he really knows his trade.I hope he returns to your Tenn.Classic next year I look foward to chewing the fat with him again.He's one of those guys you never get tired of listing to because everything he says makes good sense.tradrick

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 06:30:12 am »
Ya Gary is a great guy,he has showed me a lot on straightening wood and tiller.He is also a good guy to hunt with he really gets after it.If your close enough you should try and make LBL it
is a whole week of chewing the fat,stories and hunting. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good