Author Topic: Fast Flight on warbow  (Read 29152 times)

Offline ratty

Re: Fast Flight on warbow
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 02:27:27 pm »
Hi Simon,
    I am really happy to read your observations on fastflight plus - this is exactly what I see with my strings; some people have told me it's my imagination! I don't know whether it's true, but, someone told me that Angel Dyneema was the same material as the original fastflight - could be worth a try!

Cheers, Dave

cheers dave ill look into it ;)

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 09:06:39 am »
Hi Rod and All.

[I think we met at the 3D Champs when you were admiring my other half's ash zigzag bow....]

>If one gets too loose through heavy use I sometimes line the nock with a layer of glued on tissue paper.

If my self nocks get too loose, I dip the nock end of the arrow into a pot of thin varnish, and then suspend the arrow by the pile end.  This not only tightens the base of the nock slot, but forms 'lips' of varnish at the extreme open end of the arrow nock, holding the arrow on the string.  I use subsequent dips like this, with plenty of drying time between, to ensure a good fit to my string.  However, taken too far, this method can form a snap-like nock, which I'm not so keen on though.  Experimentation rules.....
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Rod

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 11:32:17 am »
That was me. I recognised you from Co.of 60.
Rod.

Offline fusizoli

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 08:40:59 am »
A bit OFF but have to know, how much FF strech if use 6pl on a 45-50# 58 long flight bow?
Thanks! Zoltán

This is my simmilar question for 10pl on a 100# 75 long war bow too.