Author Topic: Dinosaur hunting and gittin' juggy wid it  (Read 12767 times)

Offline n2everythg

Re: Dinosaur hunting and gittin' juggy wid it
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 10:20:37 am »
Man that looks great. Now I have to get me one of those spool rigs and give it a go. Looks like great fun.
Even better if they are good eating. always thought they were trash fish and once ya shot em ya just threw em back in. part of what kept me from giving it a go. that and not having the setup.

Looks like y'all had a great time of it.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 11:10:57 am »
we definately had a blast!  the rain from earlier that week caught up with us sat. morning.  the water was fairly clear fri. afternoon but when we came back from breakfast it was muddy as all get out.  that really threw a monkey wrench in my plans and kept us from going up river where the prime bowfishing is located.  we did fairly well anyway, even went to the main lake to hunt some clear water and where the game wardens critiqued my life jackets.  needless to say, they were not impressed with them.  steve almost went after a beaver one time.  it was a medium size rodent and there is no telling where we would have ended up after if finished dragging us all over the river.

i think i was just telling steve about hunting that stretch of woods when the fawn jumped up and gave us the dirty look.  thinking of going back sat. afternoon and hoping the water will be clear. 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 12:30:45 pm »
I woulda stuck that beaver if you'd take it off the arrow for me....;D It could be dangerous getting towed by a beaver with no foam in your life jackets, though.......
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 06:09:16 pm »
  No foam??? ??? ::) ::) :-\ ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 07:07:59 pm »
That's what the nice po-leece man told us. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 12:27:32 pm »
my life jackets had "seen there best day" several years ago.  i'm just glad they didn't try and blow the safety whistle.   :P  the carp gar slime would have tasted great.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline smokeu

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 05:37:50 pm »
Yea we have some serious beast's here in good ole east Texas, They pull monsters out of the Sabine river, Caddo Lake and most other lakes around here also hold some big fish. 100lbs plus I believe the record is 213lb heres a link http://www.kansasangler.com/4fishingnews/photographs/040427texasrecordgar.jpg
Longview, TEXAS