Author Topic: great magazine  (Read 11106 times)

Offline chasing crow

great magazine
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:48:56 pm »
Just bought a Osage self bow for my 12 year old daughter at Kalamazoo, Michigan living history fair this March. My wife picked up a back issue of PA. I have never been interested in bows. Strictly a flintlock hunter for about 15 years. Once I started reading the pages of PA and tried out the bow with her, I was hooked. I just received volumes 1 & 2. I'm in heaven. I ordered a 64" 47# Osage bow and matched wood arrows from the gentleman that made my daughter's bow. I just got it and I love it. My intention is to practice like crazy and I hope to be ready to try it this fall hunting. Primitive Archer is great reading. I am learning so much and enjoying every minute of it.
Thank You Primitive Archer,
Chasing Crow   
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline billy

Re: great magazine
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:40:52 pm »
Oh yeah....another convert!  Just so you know, if you sleep with your bow, it's totally normal. If you dream of what it will be like to make a kill with your own handmade bow, that's to be expected.   If you rip the cedar siding off your house and split it into arrow shafts, then have a backhoe bury 30 tons of flint in your backyard and you tear your house down so you have enough wood to heat-treat the flint...just rest assured that nothing is wrong....you're actually on your way to a Zen-like existence of higher consciousness and brain function!!   :)     
Marietta, Georgia

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:33:05 pm »
Thanks for the reasurance Billy, I have a feeling like I've found home. I plan to sleep with her often. And as for the rest of your kind words of assistance, I've got a feeling your not far off.
Chasing Crow

Offline DanaM

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:22:09 am »
Welcome to the addiction crow :) Are you from Lower Michigan? I'm a Yooper and if ya ever find yer way up North
drop me a line and maybe we can hook up, I would be glad to get you started on building your own bow as thats
the real addiction ;) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 09:47:22 pm »
Dana,
Thanks for the welcome.  Actually I'm from NE Ohio. Just been taking a spring trip to Kalamazoo every year for the past 8 or 10 years. I am going to try making one pretty soon. I have been bitten. Been hunting strictly traditional (flintlock) for about 12 years. Make my own gear, mocs, bags, clothes, ect. I figure why not a bow. Actually I hope to make the first one a hunting weight bow for my 12 year old daughter. I just asked for guidance in the bow discussion area about possibly using Dog Wood. Any comment?
Thanks'
Chasing Crow