Information and Resources > Trading Post

Bows for New Traders

(1/13) > >>

mullet:
 I thought I'd give a little heads up for the new people on here wanting to trade. I've had some people call and email me about wanting to trade for a bow, or something valuable and wanting to know who these new people are.

When they try to check your profile, because it is your first or, maybe sixth post, and nobody knows who you are, you only fill in a post name and everything else is hidden. I can tell you, I would like more before I put an Osage, Character bow in the mail, paying postage and maybe insurance and hoping you are just a nice  guy. Also, if you have any questions, you need to ask. Save both of you some money shipping and reshipping stuff back. A recent trade cost me about $60 dollars in shipping, because of lack of communication. I could have spent less in gas taking it there. So, ask all the questions you need and save both of you some money and time.

What I'm getting at, and it's been said before, If you are new, and want to trade for the first time, give all of us trusting people more information.There is a lot of work that goes into building a bow. I know there are a lot of bows given away to people on this site by the great, benevolent people on here. But I can guarantee, not a one likes to be taken advantage of.

So, fill in your profiles, and I do have "The Book".

sailordad:
well said

El Destructo:
And I Second that.......and another thing.....Eddie does have "THE BOOK"..........and I only think that it is proper to fill in the Blanks too....who wants to deal with a Ghost....I would much rather know who and where a Person I am going to give...trade or sell something to lives....IS and something about them....rather than a Screen Name.........

woodstick:
good point i have been burned before on a trust deal not on this site but by well a so called friend, and it not good to loose a friendship or trust.

FlintWalker:
That's how I feel Eddie.  I don't put much stock in a member who won't fill in ALL the blanks.  Not saying they're bad people...It just makes me a little suspicious.  If I don't know them, I won't deal with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version