Author Topic: Bows for New Traders  (Read 154105 times)

Offline 1776J

Re: Bows for New Traders
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 01:51:22 am »
I know some wonder why people don't use their real names or include their location.  Personally, I have known friends who've had issues with people on forums where  they were spammed a great deal, or harassed based upon someone deciding in their strangeness to look them up, and low and behold, their actual names came up while someone else Googled them!  So their info was out there for all to see,...not something I'd want someone to be able to do to me or friends of mine. 
For me, its a privacy thing, that's all,... but after reading this thread I can fully understand the frustration and aggravation of you guys with bad deals, etc.  That's terrible!

For me, I'm more than happy to make a deal with someone on here, and "then" as we talk, give my info, ect. before finalizing and deals, trades, etc...not just throw it around to another person I don't know, and who does not know me.
Like I said, just a privacy thing, that's all...for me at least! ;)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 10:50:06 am »
thnaks for letting me know, i was one of those people that didnt fill much out, more because i wasnt sure how much of a help it would be or what use it would be , but i will now
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline butch

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 09:40:19 am »
i tried to fill it in but it wouldnt accept any numbers on age and i dont know what is ment by ico and all those oter letters. HELP> send pm please.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 11:36:04 am »
i tried to fill it in but it wouldnt accept any numbers on age and i dont know what is ment by ico and all those oter letters. HELP> send pm please.

MSN:    
YIM:

Butch...all of these are Instant Message Groups...thats not really important...unless you want to do a bunch of chatting off site...just go back and edit your Profile and add your Age...Location and stuff...should be no problem to do so.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Young Bowyer

• What is this?
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 06:50:24 pm »
There are some bad people online, gonna put in some basic stuff, dont wanna have mafia guys at my door.  O:)
"A man can be destroyed, but not defeated."
The old man from Ernest Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea

Offline sailordad

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 07:38:05 pm »
There are some bad people online, gonna put in some basic stuff, dont wanna have mafia guys at my door.  O:)

no worries
if we wanted you bad enough it wouldnt matter how much info is on the web  >:D ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 07:44:30 pm »
Tim...and they say that us Americans ...are the Paranoid ones... gotto have guns  to feel safe...like you said...if we wanted you bad enough it wouldnt matter how much info is on the web  >:D ;)

by the way I list everything...including my Phone Number....but...I Gotta a Lotta Guns.......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Young Bowyer

• What is this?
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 08:03:57 pm »
Ol reliable stilettos in my pocket too  ;D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:57:49 pm »
I get a kick out of people who don't want any info about them on their profile. While I fully understand their logic, they usually join enough forums that you can search their user name and find info from numerous forums that they used the same name on. Put the info together and you know exactly who they are.  Change your user names on each forum if you want to remain anonymous. And DONT USE FACEBOOK.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 09:11:57 pm »
Anonymous....Who in the World wants to be Anonymous...Not This Crippled Yankee....Transplanted Yooper/Sorta Tex-A-Can...Crane Operating Fool...with an Attitude ...and lots of Guns...and even More Pointy Sticks...Hell I want the World to know where I live...Shoot they won't come Here anyways....too damned Miserable of a Place to be.... >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Young Bowyer

• What is this?
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 09:32:07 pm »
Haha my place where I live has smoke shacks and cheap restaurants, not even a city, just a little town by a muddy lake, no deer, just coyotes and squirrels  :P

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 12:12:51 am »
Haha my place where I live has smoke shacks and cheap restaurants, not even a city, just a little town by a muddy lake, no deer, just coyotes and squirrels  :P
HA!!!, now i know exactly where you live, it is .... well now whats the fun of telling everyone else >:D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline sailordad

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 12:17:14 am »
Mike, im like you
dont care if folks know where i am at.i have guns and know how to use them.
not to mention in every room of my house there is atleast one sharp point rock or stick  >:D
and i know how to use them too.  ;D
personaly i like to keep a stone hawk within arms reach of my bed and sofa

guns are to noisy,the almost silent thud of a stone hawk wont wake the neighbors  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Young Bowyer

• What is this?
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:14 am »
HA!!!, now i know exactly where you live, it is .... well now whats the fun of telling everyone else >:D
Damn my hiding place is ruined!  ;D

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:02 pm »
Greetings and Salutations,

New Guy Here(FNG?).
Love the Site.
Love reading the Posts and Ogling all the beautiful bows.
I have already Learned a Lot and look forward to learning more.

Located in Houston
Just getting back into building bows after about a twenty five year hiatus.
Some things have changed a bunch and others have not changed at all.

Thank You all for for all the information and effort.

Best Regards,

=Gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX