Author Topic: Cave pictures for Cowboy  (Read 6311 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Cave pictures for Cowboy
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:47:44 pm »
Just over the hill from the tobacco patch I walked today was a cave. I took my camera and a couple flashlights with me and took some pictures.  It sure was alot cooler in there than it was outside.
 This particular cave branches off about 5 times and change levels a couple times...all in the first 100 yards or so. 
 It had some pretty neat formations, and looked like at least one critter had a specific place it liked to crap. Kinda odd though, right in amongst all them turds was a skull. You reckon he died trying to poop, or from the smell? ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline FlintWalker

Re: Cave pictures for Cowboy
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:54:07 pm »
A few more

Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Staver

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 11:56:46 pm »
Cool cave pics!! 8) 8)  Joe H

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 11:59:50 pm »
Hey!  I just noticed an Ape in one of those pictures. Can anybody else find him? ;D

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 12:05:12 am »
Man can ya just imagine what is under all that dirt? Lots of artifact I'd rekon! Cool pics.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:06:55 pm »
Hey!  I just noticed an Ape in one of those pictures. Can anybody else find him? ;D

i see it to i think. some sharp eyes ya got there.
lets just shoot it

Offline xin

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:48:52 pm »
Saw Filer, there is no ape in those pictures.  Stop eating those mushrooms growing in the cave and you should be OK.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:09:52 pm »
Saw Filer, there is no ape in those pictures.  Stop eating those mushrooms growing in the cave and you should be OK.

or maby you should start eatin em.  ::)
lets just shoot it

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 04:51:10 pm »
Cool stuff man. i'm with timo look in the dirt.
Mililani Hawaii

jreb

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 05:43:26 pm »
Really cool pics thanks for posting them , no caves/rock here  :( i say dig and screen that dirt too looks like alot of artifacts to be had ;)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 05:54:58 pm »
Thanks for posting them Shannon! That's a real cave - not like the little hole I found over here ;D. One of these days I gonna come up there for a weekend and we're goin splunkin 8). Man, I looked and looked at them formation's and can't find that ape anywhere - need to drink a couple more of these imagination enhancers :D ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 08:11:52 pm »
 Nice pic's. Heck, Paul, it ain't mushrooms that grows everywhere in Kentucky, we have those ;D. I'd be digging the crap out of that floor, and it would be nice and cool.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 08:46:21 pm »
A few very disrespectful people have been trespassing and digging in that cave for years. I know an old man who was the first person to dig in it about 50 years ago.  LOTS of stuff was found. Now it's just a jumbled up mess.  I'm sure if a person were to spend the time and effort, you'd come up with some stuff.  But I suspect it'd be a lot more effort than reward. But at least you'd stay cool doing it. ;)

Oh BTW, here's that caveman I took that picture of.  As you can see he's hiding his face.  From the size of that pile of poop behind him, he's been standing there a looong time. ;D

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 08:54:28 pm »
huh. that aint what i was looking at.
lets just shoot it

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 09:45:56 pm »
looks like a sculptor of me  ;D i wanna live in that cave!!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct