Author Topic: some oooga booga ponderin'  (Read 40849 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: some oooga booga ponderin'
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2009, 11:02:19 pm »
 If you shoot one with a bow, you better use a float jug and follow it or hang on to your bow tight.Wayne, only old people that eat raw oysters without Tabasco, die.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2009, 11:11:02 pm »
If you shoot one with a bow, you better use a float jug and follow it or hang on to your bow tight.Wayne, only old people that eat raw oysters without Tabasco, die.

naw, jist carry your handy-dandy 350 pound offencive lineman (me.  ;D) and shoot your ray then throw the line to him and enjoy the show.
lets just shoot it

Offline stickbender

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2009, 12:39:16 am »

Well, I guess that I had better not eat any more raw oysters, because I hate Tabasco sauce.  No flavor.  I like Louisiana hot sauce, or Texas Pete, or Trappeys, etc.  They have flavor.  Unfortunately, neither Tabasco, or any other sauce will kill the bacteria.  I tried that once in the VI when I was eating some oysters, and one tasted kinda sour like, and I was in a crowed restaurant, and did not want to just spit it out, so, I swallowed it, and the next one I loaded up with Tabasco sauce, and went on my way.  Well I almost died, I was so sick, and weak.  My eyesight was limited, and no peripheral vision, profuse sweating nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, all at the same time.  I was very lucky to make it home, without getting into a wreck.  Especially in the Virgin Islands.  I don't care if I am at a White house dinner, if I get something that doesn't taste right, I'm hocking up and on to the plate!  Pttooie!!>:D

Wayne

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2009, 08:17:05 am »
Wayne that sounds like a ol'girlfrends of mines cooking ;)On shooting rays I'd like to see that ,unless they're little stingrays your gonna need ALOT of rope!The last one I hooked took 45 mins.with my Slammer tarpon rod.Oysters eat 'em raw till the ones on the grill are done.
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2009, 07:22:40 pm »
 Roger, I like ém on the shell out of the cooler. Coming off the grill warm gives me visions of somebody rolling it in their mouth and then putting it on a cracker.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cracker

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2009, 07:27:05 pm »
Roger, I like ém on the shell out of the cooler. Coming off the grill warm gives me visions of somebody rolling it in their mouth and then putting it on a cracker.
LOLOLOL
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:04 pm »

Eddie that reminds me of a Friend of mine who had a big oyster feast going on with all the relatives down.  He said his one of his cousins had this huge oyster in the shell in his hand, and showed to him.  It was about twice the normal size of an ordinary oyster.  He said come on watch this.  So he followed, and they went to one of his Uncles, and the cousin says, " Hey Uncle Bob, look at the size of this one!"  His uncle looks at it and says man that is huge!  So the cousin says, betcha can't swallow this one down very easily.  So the uncle grabs the oyster, and splashes a little hot sauce on it, and gulps it right down.  The cousin then says man I can't believe you were able to get thing down.  Uncle Ed, and Uncle bill both tried it, and neither of them could get it down......erp...erp...oooop...erp...Uncle Bob?  You ok?  Anyway, he said laughed his a.. off!  Uncle Bob didn't seem to possess a sense of humor at the moment though...... ;D

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2009, 10:17:39 pm »
 You are one sick puppy :( :( :( :'( :'(heh, heh, that's why i like ya, ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2009, 10:30:01 pm »

Hey it wasn't me, it was a Friend of mine.  I have always wanted to try that on someone though!! ;D  We used to be able to get all the oysters you wanted for free, in the intracoastal, in lake worth.  But that was in the early fifty's, before all the agricultural run off, and sewer out lets, and golf course runoffs.  It is a cesspool now.  Mullet have cancerous sores on them.  When I was a little kid, the neighbors would have big parties, like that, and they would have five or six big wash tubs, and hamper baskets full of them, and they would have corn, potatoes, and all fixings.  Those were great times.  Even if I was only five, they were tasty!   ;) :) Hey I am going up to Ga. next Friday, to help a Friend of mine teach a Clown class.  He lives in Jackson, and the class is in Dawsonville.  Any good places to look for rock up in that area?  he isn't familiar with our affliction.  I also am going to try to get up to Elberton.  Anything in that area?

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2009, 11:45:23 pm »
  I don't know much about Georgia except around Flint River. Lot's of Coastal Plains around there.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2009, 12:15:05 am »
flint river GA, hmm - on my "to do" list now ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2009, 01:17:15 am »

Yeah, Eddie, he is about thirty minutes from there. ( Flint River) We plan on going with his Girlfriend, and his dad, on a fishing, float, and just looking trip.  He said we could stop at some of the sand bars, and such.  What do I look for as to color, or outer crust.  Limestone, etc. ?  Ok thanks.  That is pretty good stuff isn't it?  Do you have to heat treat it?  In fact the Clown Class has been canceled, so I am going up for a week or so, just to ramble and look for stone, and visit with Friends.  Hopefully I can load up on it.  Anyone know anything about the Elberton area?  I have a Friend up there that I am going to visit also.  He and his wife invited me up when I get to Ga.  .  Anyway, I am going to start looking for stuff up there.  Let me know what to look for if you can.  Or anyone else out there that knows what the coastal plains stuff looks like in the raw.  And if it needs to be heat treated...... ;)  Thanks.

Wayne

Offline cracker

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2009, 11:31:08 am »
I found some awhile back and posted under flintknapping section the name of the thread is some rocks I found.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2009, 09:24:22 pm »
  I'll post some pictures tomorrow Wayne of the good stuff out of the river. And the land find stuff. Elberton is just across the river from Mechleshers farm.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2009, 11:45:39 pm »

Mullet thanks .  Ron showed some on a post he had.  Which is better, the river,stuff, or land stuff?  And do you have to heat treat it?  Or can you just whack it with a baseball bat like those ridgerunners in North Carolina do?  ;D Or just start flakin like Cowboy, and don't bother with heat treating...... ;D  If I can find a good source of it I will load up my truck.   ;) 

Wayne