Author Topic: Rock run (update)  (Read 6211 times)

Offline Timo

Rock run (update)
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:54:20 pm »
Going in the morning to the quarry down SW Mo. Keokuk/Peroria burlinton. I'll try not to forget the camera and gets some pics for you guys. Tried to talk Cowboy into coming up but he is still not sure. Shane Alexander(Ducosniffer) is already down there, and tells me that there is lots of rocks piled up and ready to spall! ;D

I'll update this tomorrow when I get home.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:35:58 pm by Timo »

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Rock run
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 10:41:02 pm »
                                                 Timo....is this the Quarry over by Joplin??
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 11:00:08 pm »
Yup Mike, just on the OK side from the looks of it. Man Timo, wish I coulda maybe next time. And don't forget your camera - I wanna see if the drive is worth it ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Timo

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 08:23:18 pm »
Just got back. I am pleased with the outcome....Probly wait till I get it all cooked before I start to jump up and down,and shake my butt n all? ;D Only a 2 hr drive for me so I will be back. Here are a few pics. Boyd brought up a few bucket loads and said to have at it. Dumped under the shade trees and with a good breeze it was'nt to bad.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Timo

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 08:25:40 pm »
HEre is a what the hole looks like right now. They are about to to take it deeper in hopes of getting to more quality rock. Notice the face in the last pic? looked very solid to me.

Offline Timo

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 08:27:15 pm »
Fergot the pics.... Sorry I'm tired. ;)

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 08:32:02 pm »
Here is a piece of High grade. I managed to get a good bit of this..Very nice stuff! I ended the day with 6 buckets of good rock....Now those who have never filled a bucket with rock,let me tell ya,that is alot of rock. I think Shane had 7 buckets. The lsat pics shows our debatauge pile......Boyd said that we did good on that.Not much to pick though. ;)

Offline Timo

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 08:35:50 pm »
I marked a couple pieces for later reference, after they get cooked. Hopefully they will have changed. ;) I'll post of pic of these same two pieces in a few days.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 10:06:37 pm »
 :o  Wow that is a haul,  Looks like a lot of work, but it must be nice to be close to rock that you can get yourself.
Traverse City, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 11:27:57 pm »
nice haul :o

wish i had resources like that only 2 hrs away
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline billy

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:30:41 pm »
I know you're gonna send me half of your haul when you get it cooked and do all the hard work...my address is...  :)  :)
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Timo

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 11:39:24 pm »
Had to run over to the fatherinlaws for ice cream,just got back again, and loaded up the cooker....... 36 hr dry cycle then start cranking her up. The boys told me this rock needs to go 585 and no higher than 600dgrees,with a 12 hr hold time. We will see. I was just out there sorting it out for thickness and.... well it is alot of rock..

Can't wait to go back. ;)

Billy i was gonna send ya some, but it seem that your address got deleted? ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 12:29:37 am »
Tim, I'm not a knapper but that is some clean looking rock.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 06:23:32 am »
That deserves a whollywuheh :o Nice haul Tim you sure are blessed living close to good rock :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 09:32:08 am »
That's about 3 hours away from me.  There was lots of that stuff at OJAM and it looks to be pretty good stuff.  I need to make me a run too someday.  It looks like a lot of points in them rocks.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck