Author Topic: Rock run in da UP eh  (Read 7012 times)

Offline venisonburger

Re: Rock run in da UP eh
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 06:01:08 pm »
Hey Dana, did they get wise to you stealin rock from the park with the company truck? LOL, I still like your idea you had about taking rock from the rest stops on the way home from Tenn.
VB

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 06:49:20 pm »
i like that quarts dana. looks pretty smooth with little fracture. ive been having a tough time finding some of the better quartz i work with here.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 08:26:40 pm »
Paul I don't know if I'm going to get anything out of it or not, so far I've broke 3 hammerstones on it without one decent spall >:(
Oh well I will go to the park and get some more eh :D jamie if I can ever get the hang of spalling this stuff I will be more than happy to send ya some.
If anyone has a really large dogwood billet to trade let me know eh, mine are too small, more like pressure flakers ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 10:26:48 pm »
  I think I would stack that up on the Smelter, you know, kinda trade it for the slag. and I'd spall that stuff with a brick hammer. Have fun.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 09:01:09 pm »
Yup its tough I broke both my good hammerstones on it this morning >:( But when its all ya have and yer addicted to banging on rocks
whats a fella going to do eh ??? Ya wanna trade for some, some of that girly rock from Missouri would be nice to work ;) :D
Dogwood billet,  I think you should just use a Dogwood tree. ;)
Traverse City, MI