Author Topic: some luck in illinois (pics)  (Read 6425 times)

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
Re: some luck in illinois (pics)
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 02:54:56 pm »
 nice!- yeah i like this one alot, i didnt see how out of focus that top picture was- but you can see how beat up it is from only a few shots, ill put it on the grinder the next time i use it haha. i really want that zebco reel made for bowfishing tough, make life alot easier haha. -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 03:50:20 pm »
aint that the truth! the hand reels work ok, but man they take forever and it's verry painfull when you stick a big fish. (gator gar 5 foog long) large blisters from rope burn. :P
lets just shoot it

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 06:11:18 pm »
 damn, sounds like a fun time haha! yeah that carp was 17 on the scale- it mite look like a deadweight, but that thing fought like a bat out of hell lol. do you do any hunting, or are ya more of a bowfisher?

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 07:19:01 pm »
just getting into bows last summer, gunna start hunting with it this year. how bout you?
lets just shoot it

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 03:26:52 pm »
 well, all of my moms side of the family hunts, but my dad and i seriously got into is about 2 years ago, solely with compound bow. the more and more i got into it, i liked the traditional aspect of it alot more than the compound- but im not going to longbow hunt for deer until i get one with a compound, im going on year three with no deer, one of the twists to bowhunting i  guess haha. its good youre into it though, alot of forest preserves allow hunting, and you dont have to pay a cent to hunt there, its more of a draw out of a hat deal. i do small game with longbow though, thats a blast if you ask me haha- alot of farmers where i live will let you go for rabbit after deer season, and theres like no competion for small game like there is for deer, they'd be glad if anything -jimmy

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 04:17:21 pm »
i have missed a few rabits squirls and dove with mine. all i have managed to kill so far is crabs, gar, and one verry unlucky snake. i nailed him through the head with that gar arrow.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline Timo

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 07:08:55 pm »
ballista, the point in the pic is called a "war head" I think Pearson made them.I have wore all mine out and have had trouble finding more. Great heads!

Offline Ironhead

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 07:29:22 pm »
Ballista, any chance you'd share that carp smoking recipe?