Author Topic: turkey roaster question  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Blacktail

turkey roaster question
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:50 pm »
i might have asked this before.so,please forgive me...when you take the liner out of the roaster what do you think the temp difference is....rather than having it in...i have herd that it will  be 100 degree difference...do you think this is true...what is your opinion..john

Offline Timo

Re: turkey roaster question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:42:05 am »
I don't think the liner makes any diff on temp John,just gives you more room  for rock. You can take it apart ,get the switch out and modify it to go to a higher temp though.

jreb

Re: turkey roaster question
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 12:40:01 pm »
 I am still new to heat treating , but i am real good at blowing up rock :) but the way i understand is by removing the pan you get rid of wasted space and get the heating elements that are in the sides get closer to your sand/rock are increase your temp also the sides and bottom will yield higher temps than the middle makes sense huh , so place your rock acordingly , i also layer tin foil on top of my sand bath to try to insulate it and get higher temps hpoe that helps ... oh and i m still trying to get that rock out to you , i know im a slaker ::)